Chapter 27

Subject V-158 (AKA Boy)'s POV

I nodded in response to the voices, I didn't know if they could see me or not. Perhaps they could because how else would they know when to tell me to go and react when I do. Listening to the command I lunge out from the shadows and dark bushes. I notice my shadow cover the creature's small frame almost completely. Perhaps it was young. When I tackled it to the ground its is faced down. I wrapped my free arm around the creature making sure its arms were in my hold to.

I could feel it struggle underneath me, it reminded me of my prey when I finally caught up to it and it would struggle. I almost went for the final blow to kill this new creature, but I stop myself. It was not what the voices had ordered me to do. I was to put the cloth over the nose and mouth of this creature, and I did just that. The creature began to struggle a bit more but I kept my grasp and grip on her firm. I wasn't going to displease the voices. Who knows what would happen then.

After a few minutes, the creature seemed to get weaker, it stopped struggling as much. I wait a few more moments before removing the cloth and putting it into the right back pocket of my jeans. As I do so I can hear light noises come from the creature, it was almost like words. I shrug it off and push myself off of the creature and move so I now stand above it.

Then the voices come back. "PICK IT UP NOW. . .. TAKE IT BACK TO THE COTTAGE. . .. LEAVE ITS BAG. . .." And just like that I obeyed. I bent down and take the bag off the creature's back and then rolled the creature onto its back. I put my arms under its back and legs and lift it up, straightening out my legs as I stand. When I stood one of its arms flopped down. I looked at the creative's face and did notice it has looked like it was peacefully sleeping.

I felt something warm in my chest as I looked at this sleeping creature, but I ignored it. I began to start to walk back off the path and back into the trees. Making my way back to the cottage with help from the voices. "KEEP GOING STRAIGHT. . .. TURN AROUND THIS TREE. . .. ALMOST THERE. . .." I obeyed and listened. They made it easier to return. Once or twice I tripped but it was only because there was a stick or rock that I didn't see because of the creature's body. Not once during this time as I carried it did it feel heavily, get exhausting , or I didn't want to do it anymore.

Not to mention that I couldn't help but almost stare at the creature the entire time I walked back to the cottage. I had no clue why or any reason why I could or should. But when studying this.. Marvelous creature... I could feel my chest warm. I wondered why, was it because it has lots of body heat erupting from it? Who knew. If it were any type of feeling I wouldn't know what feeling it was even. I've almost forgotten feelings were even a thing.