Chapter 11

Alex's POV

I giggled as a pair of lips touch my forehead. I looked up at Granny and smiled. She had pulled away from me and lifted the blanket to my shoulders.

"Goodnight, Alex." Granny spoke gently, as if my ear would break if she spoke any louder. I felt safe and concealed under my navy blue blanket.

"Goodnight Granny. I love you." I felt a yawn coming on, but I thought it would be to rude to let it come out of hiding. I saw Granny smile as she walked towards the door. She looked at me before she turned of the lights.

"I love you too, Alex." She turned off the lights and left my room, closing the door after her. I looked up at my ceiling. Now I didn't feel tired, I was ready to go run around the house a few times. I guess those cookies didn't really help me. I then remembered I'm not alone and I have someone to talk to.

"Zyan? Are you there?" I asked silently. I really wanted to talk to someone, I felt like I needed to. I knew Zyan had some explaining to do with the whole Mermaid and Goat thing. Or was it a whale?

"Yes Alex, I'm here." Zyan's confident voice came through my head. I sighed in relief that he hasn't left.

"I just want or need to talk to someone." I told him like it was something I've been holding on my chest for to long. It felt like a big secret that I was dying to let out. Only it wasn't.

Zyan smiled his wolfy grin and spoke like he could help. "I'm always here for you buddy!" With that he made me smile, I felt like now I needed to know what the whole Mermaid and Goat thing was.

"Zyan, what did you mean by the whole Mermaid, Goat, and whale thing? I didn't quite get it.." I spoke with honesty. I knew I could be honest with Zyan, for he couldn't tell anyone my secrets. At least, that I know of. I don't know if he can actually. I'll talk to him later about that. I heard Zyan laugh loudly in my head. It had made me also smile.

"Well, Alex, your grandmother looked at you like you had the head of a mountain goat and the tail of whale. Mermaids are known, to be beautiful creatures. From the hips up to be human and the hips down to be a flowing scaly tail." Zyan spoke as I imagined these creatures, but the mix of a goat and a whale did seem more bizarre than the regularly known mermaid. Zyan continued, "So as she looked at you, it was like you were the Gale. Something strange, new, and weird." I laughed as I recalled the events with Granny and Kodie. I laid there thinking about the previous dream I've had about the cross bred of two hybrids.

"Zyan, about the dream I had the other night. Could you explain that to me?" I didn't know what his reaction would be, he stayed silent for a while. To long, because I needed it answered. Or at least an answer.