25 - Sometimes Dreams Come True

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?"

"Mary is missing."

"Mary..."

It took a while before he understood they spoke about Opie's mother. Dazed, his eyes went from Opie to his dad; they were the only father and son within the club.  

"She would pick up the kids from school," Opie sighed, rubbing his frowned forehead. "But she never showed up."

Juice knew the woman was very serious about the care for her grandchildren; she believed she was the only one being able to teach them something good. 

"But why did you wait so long to set things in motion?" he wondered.

"She divorced Pops so long ago," Opie answered. "I didn't think it had anything to do with the club. We've had misunderstandings before, I thought she was on a day trip. But when we asked around in the neighborhood, someone mentioned an unknown black van had been in the street."

A black van... 

"You think she's taken by the same people who drove Hap and Tig off the road?"

The men nodded, their faces earnest. Juice could only agree with them. Putting down his bag on the table, he took out his laptop and started it up. 

While there were conversations about the usefulness of a lock down in the background, Juice started to look for camera footage in the area of where Mary lived. There were traffic cams three streets ahead, but it felt like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

"They will call," Jax sighed eventually. 

But when morning came, nobody had called. Juice's eyelids felt heavy. There had been a few black vans that fitted the description and he had followed them as far as he could. It led to two addresses, but these turned out to be dead ends. 

Chibs laid a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it. "Ye did wha ye could lad. We have no choice but to wait. Take some rest, and keep yer phone close."

Juice nodded. Exhausted, he returned home and crawled into his bed, inhaling the scent on his blankets and pretending his lover was near. 

Close to noon he woke up. There was a sting in his stomach; as it seemed, their unknown enemy had stroke again. Again, they lacked a lead and they could only guess about the reason this was happening to them. Why the hell would they take the mother and ex wife of a Son? Sitting up straight, he sighed. He wished Raine had been lying next to him so he could snuggle up to his warm body and forget about everything for just one moment. He however was alone and would stay alone for a long time. With a heavy heart he started to dress himself. Right when he wanted to leave his room, he noticed a note on his night stand. Curiously, he picked it up. His lips bent into a smile when he recognized Raine's writing.

As each star comes out to shine
As the wind rustles across the land
As the moonlight sweeps across the room
I'll think of you.

When the sun burns its morning greeting
When the birds chirp and swoop through the sky
When the leaves of the trees dance through the air
I'll think of you.

During the haze of late afternoon sun
During the smooth swirl and flow of the clouds across the sky
During the fade of the bustling day
I'll think of you.

While the twilight shadows begin to fall
While the evening air begins to chill
While the crickets begin their sweet evening chorus
I'll think of you.