Family Reunion

"I'm not going to get any sleep tonight either, am I?" Loki complained, hands in his pockets. During the nine hours since you had left the motel, you saw that you were relatively close to NYC, and had taken a train in. Loki didn't like trains, due to the amount of people boarding as you approached the city. You grabbed his hand, entwined your fingers in his.

"We'll be okay." You said. The train was loud, and full of teenagers on summer vacation. Loki was sitting tensly beside you.

"Where are we going to get off the thing?"

"Train?"

"That."

"As soon as we reach Times Square, but then we have to walk."

"You're kidding."

"I wish I was, hon." You saw Loki smirk.

"And to think three weeks ago you hated petnames."

"Shut up." You grumbled, knowing your cheeks had become pink. You stood up from your seat, offering it to an old man, and Loki pulled you down onto his lap. You tensed up, tempted to smack him, but realised, across the train, a man was staring at the two of you though a hood. "Loki."

"What now?" He grumbled.

"Someone's staring at us." He looked up to where you were, and your thought you heard him swear.

"When's the closest stop into the city."

"In about ten minutes."

"Then I guess we might have to hide for ten minutes." He said lowly, staring out the window, into a tunnel. You watched the pipes go past, sighing. There wasn't much you could do during those ten minutes, but as soon as the stop was announced you and Loki bounded from a train and up onto the street. He looked around, and then swore again as he saw the staring person from on the train. "Walk as fast as you can, and do not let go of my hand. I need you to direct me to the building." He said. You nodded, speedily walking off. Loki kept his hood on the whole time, and you had your Hair hanging loosely. You reached a little road-side stand, and grabbed a map.

"Fothermucker." You groaned, staring at it. The two of you were just outside Central Park, and that meant another half hours walk to the tower, or fifteen minutes if you ran, but who the hell wants to run? Not you. You looked up, seeing the tower pop out amongst the skyline. Loki tapped you on the shoulder, and the person from the train was closer. You put the map back and practically dragged Loki to the tower. Due to speed walking, the two of you made it there fast, but the follower was still approaching just as fast. As you reached the tower, you ran over to the elevator.

Much to your dismay, the follower made it into the same one. The main floor you were previously was a two minute climb away. The follower pressed the button for it and you silently cursed. For thirty seconds, he stood against the left side, and you and Loki on the right.

"Jarvis, stop the elevator." They said, and the Elevator stopped moving. Your heart stopped momentarily. Loki tensed.

Suddenly, the person rushed at Loki, and slammed him into the wall. Loki grunted in pain and you scowled. You grabbed the person's jacket and spun around, flinging him into the opposite wall. They hit the floor in a heap, before grabbing you by the shoulders and holding you again the wall. You latched your hands around his, pulling his away from your shoulders, and kneed him in the gut. He fell back and dropped you. You pushed him, so he was lying down on his back and straddled him so he couldn't get up. You raised a fist to punch him.

"Stop." Loki said to you.

"Gimme a minute." You scowled.

Kill him. You thought. You beat that thought down with a big mental pole.

"Why did you follow us?" You asked through gritted teeth. They couldn't see your face through your hair.

"None of your business, ma'am. I was just doing my job." They said. you could slightly recognise that voice.

"Take off your hood."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because I just spent an entire week in a military facility learning multiple ways to break noses and give people concussions. I would gladly like to test out those theories." You scowled. Loki grabbed you under your arms, pulling you off the person. You tried fighting back, but you didn't succeed. The person sighed, before throwing off the hood.

In front of you, sat a very tired-looking Steve Rogers, with a bandaged head and bruised cheek.

--

"Steve..." You mumbled, feeling less violent. Loki let you go, sensing you had calmed slightly.

"Now will you stop beating me up, kid?" He asked, sighing. "I really hate hurting people, but you do know you're travelling with a murdering psychopath, and aiding him."

"Psychopath is a little harsh, captain." Loki said. You smirked.

"Be quiet." Steve snapped.

"Well don't be so rude, especially not to your daughter's boyfriend." You laughed, referencing the joke with Tony.

"I don't have a daughter- wait.. what?" Steve questioned. "Loki has a new girlfriend?"

"Hah, no." You said, moving up your fringe with your hand. Steve tensed, before slamming you into the wall again. Loki tried to stop Steve but was kicked into the door by him. Loki dropped to the floor unconscious.

"She's dead." Steve hissed at you, his hand closing around your neck. You struggled to breathe. "She fell of the balcony, and Lilith did too."

"No.." You tried to say. "Lilith is with her people back in Helheim. It takes more than falling to kill me." You said.

"Jarvis, get up to the penthouse, fast." Scowled Steve, still holding you there. He loosened his grip so you could still breathe.

"Yes, Mister Rogers." JARVIS replied, and the elevator shot up. Steve scooted Loki away from the door and leaned him against the door. The ding of the elevator, and Tony was there waiting.

"Hey Bab-" Tony started, his eyes widening. "Steve, let her go."

"Tony-"

"Let her go!" Steve let go, and you dropped to the floor, sucking in lungfuls of fresh air. Steve dragged Loki out of the elevator and placed him on the couch. Tony strolled in, picking you up and bringing you to the couch as well. He kneeled on the balls of his feet, while you regained your breath. He punched you in the arm, hard, before shouting. "Why didn't you listen to me! I told you to stay inside! And what happened? You got thrown off a building and I could have killed you! Loki sent you off for a week! And Lilith disappeared too! You're fucking lucky we didn't throw out your stuff yet!"

"Missed you too, Mommy." You said with sarcasm. He shook his head, smirking, and enveloped you in a hug.

"You're an idiot, kiddo. A huge, freaking idiot." He mumbled.

"Tony?" Steve mumbled.

"Yeah."

"She kicked my ass."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Cool!" Tony said, pulling away from the hug. Steve glared at him. "Oh... I mean... uh.. don't hurt your father. We've had a hard week. With a couple of uninvited house guests..."

"Who?" You asked.

In another room, you heard running, and saw someone sprint down the hall.

"BABE!" Shouted your best friend.