Magic and Music

"In here." Said Loki, turning into a very industrial looking street. He pointed up at a large royal blue and yellow signed building. "Last time I was here, I happened to see this place become abandoned due to debris. It happened to be a-"

"Ikea..." You interrupted, beaming. Ikea was a large furniture manufacturing company, and this was one of the many stores from around the world. Fluer was just as excited as you were. She must've known about Ikea and the franchise since before Loki. Jareth, on the other-hand, looked completely irritated at his current situation. You glared at him, and started running to the somewhat demolished building. "Loki, this is amazing!" You squealed, climbing over the rubble into the warehouse. There was a large space of the floor and rubble cleared, but you had no idea why. "W-why is this spot so empty?" You asked.

"Well, before I found you, I used to reside here. Many people still some at midnight, but that is their meeting, and we should only join in their conversations if we want." He grinned. Jareth and Fluer entered the warehouse, hand in hand. Loki turned your chin to his. "We should probably teach you and Fluer some magic. It might come in handy."

--

"Concentrate. Even the tiniest squeal of excitement can break your concentration." Shouted Loki, walking past the growing ball of ice between the space of your hands. Like Loki, you could control the cold, despite you never knowing this. Fluer was a air wielder and illusionist, much like Jareth. The ball of ice grew larger, and you beamed. "Alright, now focus that energy on the pile of chairs across the room. I want you to aim the ice at it." You nodded, closing your eyes, and collecting vast amounts of energy from the coldness of the abandoned store. You opened your eyes again, and thrusted the ice towards the chairs.

And they froze into millions of exploded pieces from the blast.

"I... I did it!" You squealed excitedly. "I can't believe it, but I actually did it!" Loki smiled.

"All of us posses magic that weakens the powers of a Cyndarian." He said.

"But, if we are humans, zen vy can ve use majic?" Fluer inquired, exploding the chairs more with a blast of air.

"Because, all you really need is sheer determination and a heart. The two of you, have both." Jareth finally cast an input to the conversation. You grinned at him. "Do it again, you two."

--

It was midnight now, and a bunch of homeless people, rebellious teenagers and the four of you piled into the centre of the warehouse. Loki had said people came here at midnight, and he wasn't lying. You were sitting between a runaway named Victoria, and Loki. The new comers were all a small amount daunting, but they were all your age-ish, and sort-of friendly.

"Maybe ve should a sing along, to random songs?" Suggesting to Victoria's guitar, and a teen boy name Toby's iPad with music apps. They were sitting side by side, only Victoria's head was on Toby's chest. Everyone pitched in with agreements. Well, you didn't want to, but Loki forced you into it.

"Wait a second, because this lovely lady beside me as something she promised to sing for me." Loki said, pointing towards you. You rolled your eyes. You stared at Toby and Victoria.

You whispered to Victoria, "Do you know how to play P!NK's 'True Love"?" She nodded, pulling her guitar out from behind her. "Keep it in mind, I am not singing the whole song. Just, no.

"Sometimes, I hate every single stupid word your say.
Sometimes, I wanna slap you and your whole face.
There's no one quite like you. You push, all my buttons down.
I know, life would suck without you.

At the same time, I wanna hug you.
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck.
You're an asshole, but I love you, and you made me so mad I asked myself,
'Why I'm still here?' or 'Where could I go'.
You're the only love I've ever known.

But I hate you, I really hate you, so much I think it must be;
True love,
True love.
It must be true love.
Nothin' else can break my heart like,
True love,
True love.
It must be true love.

'Cause no one else could break my heart like you." The warehouse got very loud with cheering exploding through the walls.

"Finally!" Loki cheered, pulling you in for a hug, although, you did have other plans. Instead of just hugging him, you planted your lips onto his, willingly this time. Childish 'Ooh's sounded, but you were preoccupied with kissing the norse god of mischief. He pulled away, staring at Jareth and Toby. The three started singing together, leaving you, Fluer and Victoria in stitches of laughter and affection for the boys.

"Oh love, love is a feeling that you fear.
But if you opened up, I won't let you fall my dear.
Under the surface, we're all just the same.
Follow me darling for you I'll be brave.
Oh love, love is a feeling that you fear.

Take your time,
I'll be here,
Waiting for you.

I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark.
You can keep borrowing my heart.
Even your fear, won't keep us apart.
You can keep borrowing my heart.

Take it or leave it, it's your's to decide.
Break it or keep it, your safe.

'N I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark.
You can keep borrowing, borrowing my heart." They sang. You smiled, tears of joy persisting to leave your eyes. You stared at Fluer and Victoria. Nodding, the three of you sang with the boys.

"Love, when will you lend yourself to me?
Oh if you give it up, I promise I'll return it to you safely.
But under the surface, we're all just the same.
Follow me darling, for you I'll be brave.
Oh love, when will you lend yourself to me?

Take your time.
I'll be here, waiting for you.

I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark.
You can keep borrowing my heart.
Even your fear, won't keep us apart.
You can keep borrowing my heart.

Take it or leave it, it's your's to decide.
Break it or keep it, your safe.

'N I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark.
You can keep borrowing, borrowing my heart."

The remaining occupants of the store started singing the background to the song, and clapping to the tune. You beamed, and continued singing.

"You can just borrow my heart!" You sang, surprisingly in solo. Everyone must have let you sing that part alone, but then everyone chimed in again.

" 'N you can just keep borrowing my heart.

I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark. You can keep borrowing my heart...

You can keep borrowing my heart.
Even your fear, won't keep us apart.
You can keep borrowing my heart.

Take it or leave it, it's your's to decide.
Break it or keep it, your safe.

'N I won't let you go, when your world's in the dark.
You can keep borrowing, borrowing my heart..."