Cyndarian

"Cyndarian?" You questioned, not walking any closer to Loki. "What... What are they?"

"Fire beasts. They came after you because apparently, you have something they want." He said, looking away from the now disappearing ashes. He stared into your eyes, worry crossing his own.

"I need you to stay in your room. You can only leave when I come get you. Don't argue. It will only make it harder for you to understand." You sighed in irritation, and pulled the map from

your pocket. You were directly on the other side of the castle. Loki walked over, and grabbed your wrist. "Come on, I want to talk to you about something on the way." You wouldn't budge. He looked at you, worried.

"Ughh, ok... I just.... miss my family." You started sobbing softly. Loki pulled you closer to him, and embraced you.

"I know. I miss mine, but I can't go back. For their's, and your own safety."

"Mine?"

"The Cyndarians will follow me, and it seems you have something they want. The Chitauri make Cyndarians look like A horde of hell hounds. They are merciless, and will get what they want, even if it means to kill someone." Loki pulled out of the hug. "You'll be fine, darling. I won't let them hurt you." You smiled, a solitary tear running down your cheek. Loki looked surprised you hadn't told him not to call you darling. But you just didn't care that day. "No 'don't call me that'? No 'asshole, I told you not to'?"

"Too confused about everything to give a fuck." You smiled, and started walking towards the room. "So what is it you wanted to talk to me about, exactly?" You said, remembering what he had said.

"Oh, yes. About Mary."

"She's a bitch."

"But she is one of my most trusted disciples."

"How though? She worked for the man who you happened to throw out a window!"

"I let it slide. She has worked well, but I've noticed she means to betray me." Loki stared down at your red face. "I must say, jealousy is a brilliant colour on you." You playfully glared at him. The two of you started walking back to the your room, taking at least an hour because of all the messing around. Hauled you over his shoulder. You were surprised when he threw you onto your bed, without falling over himself. Well, he stood up for a second before flopping next to you. The both of you started laughing, staring up at the ceiling. You rolled over absentmindedly... right on top of him. You started blushing, really bright. Loki just kept laughing.

"W.. What's so funny?" You asked.

"The look on your face." He laughed. "It's adorable."

"S-shut up." You climbed off him, trying to hide a smile. He walked over, and pressed a kiss to your forehead.

"I have to go. Stay in here, and don't let anyone but Jareth and I in. Jareth swore to protect you." He said, walking to the door. "Be safe." He waved, leaving you blushing bright red, in the middle of the room. You searched through your bag, and grabbed your phone. Your phone had a long list of messages from your ex and best friend, even though you had no bars of reception. You best friend's were:

"Hon, you ok?"

"Who was that guy?"

"If you're alive, answer me!"

"Please let me know you're alright!"

Your ex's read:

"I'm sorry! I heard what happened and I'm sorry!"

"Me and Emily broke up! I want you back!"

"What happened? Why aren't you answering me!" You wanted to reply with a "Because you're an assclown that deserves everything he gets!" But you couldn't. You also had a ton of voicemails, but you couldn't get to them. You lay back on the bed, and heard a knock on the door. Alerted, you stood up, forgetting you still had the whip around your belt loop. You went up to the door and waited.

"Let me in child! I do not 'ave time for zis!" Shouted a french accent. Steps trailed up closer to the door.

"Fluer, calm down. Don't scare the girl." Came Jareth's voice. Relieved, you opened it to a beautiful blonde woman (with a sour expression on her face) and Jareth. The woman was holding a tray of lunch food. "Hello there, we've brought you lunch." Fluer passed the tray, with a slight angry force.

"Umm, thanks I guess. When's Loki getting back?" You asked. Fluer said nothing, but kept glaring at you.

"When he can. But for now, I suggest you eat and explore your room." Jareth said, turning around, and walking away. Fluer looked back at him expentantly as he was leaving. As soon as Jareth turned a corned, she jumped up and down like a crazed fangirl.

"Finally he found anozer person for me to interract with!" She squealed quietly. "Loki 'as been making me hand around Mary.... She is so rude! But yay! More people for me to talk to!" You laughed. Fluer anded up staying with you in your room for a while, even though she wasn't Jareth or Loki. It turns out, she was only five years older than you. She was actually quite kind. The two of you mostly talked about Loki and Jareth, but you were worried about the little Cyndarian problem still. What if more attacked. You checked your phone for the time. 6.30 at night. Fluer yelped at the time. "I am so sorry, but I 'ave to go cook ze dinner. See you soon!" She, like Loki, left you standing in the middle of the room. You sighed in annoyance, as she closed the foor behind her. You had made e new friend, but she was also Loki's servant.

Loki arrived withing the next half hour, slighty burned. He opened the door wearily. "Hello there..." He groaned.

"Loki!" You shouted, running to the door. Only he would respond to you helping him stand by actually accepting. The slowly walked over to the bed, noticing a slight limp in his step. You placed him down, and he flopped backwards. "Cyndarians?"

"And Mome Raths.." He said, slowly taking off his armour. You were slightly embarrassed, but he needed help.

"Mome... Raths?"

"Parasites that ruin everything. They think they are making something perfect, when they are really just destroying it... Ah!" You had touched his wrist, which seemed to burn him. "There's... There's a collection of medicines and bandages in the bathroom, go and get them." You nodded, and raced into the en-suite. Luckily, everything was in one box under the sink. You grabbed the whole thing, and ran back into the room, and saw Loki.... Shirtless on the bed. You blushed like mad, but only until you saw what was on his stomach. A large burn mark was there. You sprinted over, trying not to overwhelm yourself with what you needed to do.