A Mother's Wisdom

"What do you mean I'm trapped!?" You snapped.

"Calm down child." Said the woman. "I know you're confused, but there is no reason to take it out on me." She sighed.

"Oh.. sorry. I guess I'm just sick of blacking out and waking up in places that confuse me." You said, realising this is the what, fourth time it's happened to you? Even so it was all the space of a week. The woman chuckled.

"That is personally reasonable." She said. "As I have said you are trapped. And that is because in the realms of Jötunheim, Cyndaris, Asgard and Midgard, you are an anomaly."

"How so?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"No Asgardian can stay on earth for too long without Heimdall noticing. As can no Cyndarian or Jötun stay for too long either. You have lived on Midgard for what, eighteen years? Yet somehow, you are immune to Cyndarian heat, yet you still feel that of your birthplace. You can cast ice-magic, which is impossible for a Cyndarian or Midgardian. An Asgardian must train for year to learn these powers. Somehow, you have learned to cast it in a day."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means somewhere along the lines, your family tree has branched too wildly. Somewhere and somehow, You have an Asgardian in your lines, proving the magic sight. You also have Jötun blood, which is surprising, since they kill their mate as soon as they give birth. And finally Cyndarian, which leads to the Cyndarian heat resistance.

"Yet somehow, your are the first in your family to show any of these characteristics." She finished. You were dumbfounded. How could all of this lead to you.

"How does that explain Loki?"

"How? Dear, even I do not know his intentions, and I raised him." She spoke.

"Frigga?" You asked, flushed you were mouthing off to a high stature woman earlier. She smiled, nodding. "Oh my lordy, I'm sorry for calling you such vulgar things earlier!"

"It's fine, honestly." She beamed. A short silence fell.

"Ma'am," You finally said. "Where are we?"

"Inside your head."

"Alright, well how long has it been in the outside world?"

"About five days." Your jaw dropped. She chuckled. "But it is fine, I can send you back whenever you choose." You sighed in relief.

"Will you be coming, too?"

"No, I will not."

"Why?" You asked, worry etched onto your face.

"Alas, I do not belong to the world of the living anymore." She sighed.

"What! That's horrible!"

"Well, sadly, if Odin could reverse the effects of death, he would. But he cannot, so now I am wondering around providing knowledge to people like you." She smiled gently. You bowed your head in respect. You heard a flow of silk, and some arms wrap themselves around your shoulders. Frigga was embracing you. "Take care of my sons." She said.

That's when everything faded out, and you could slowly feel yourself regaining consciousness.

--

You slowly opened your eyes enough to see a two men at the end of a white hospital bed. One tall, muscly and blonde and the other shorter, with medium cut raven black hair. The seemed to be whispering to one another.

"Thor this is none of your concern." Spoke the raven haired one. It was Loki, you thought.

"It is my concern, brother." He said. "If this maiden is what I think she is, then she is coming with us back to Asgard, where you will both be imprisoned."

"No Thor, if anything, we are not going to Asgard. There is a low chance she will be safe. I've lost her too much in one week." Loki whispered harshly, adding on, "You would do the same for Jane."

"Do not bring her into this." Thor scowled, hands on Loki's shoulders. "I am just trying to see to it that you are safe, just like I always have." At that, Thor turned and left the room. Loki crossed the white- possibly S.H.I.E.L.D related- hospital room. He sat down beside your bed. You closed your eyes, hoping he thought you sere still asleep. You heard a soft weeping. Suddenly Loki rested his arms on the bed, between you and the edge of it, laying his head on top of his arms, and started sobbing.

"P-please." He sobbed. "Wake up. It's hard enough having everyone watch me like an eagle..." You listened. The sound of it was heart breaking. You silently sat up, hugging him from above. He jolted, tilting his head to look up at your soft tear-strewn face. He beamed, embracing you back. You both sat there, hugging one another and crying in joy. You used to doubt Loki would every cry, but now you thought you never wanted to see it again unless he was crying in happiness.

"Hey Hon." You said, your voice raspy from lack of use.

"Hello there beautiful." He chuckled, pulling you closer. It was nice, this hug. Loki ran his hands through you hair and pulled back. He stopped crying, and was now smiling. He quickly stood up and ran to the door. "Jareth! Fluer! Come quick!" He yelled outside it. You heard the clack of heels and the tap of boots on the floor as they burst into the room. Smiling brightly, you waved at them. Fluer sprinted over, tackle-hugging you.

"Oh thank goodness!" She said, hugging you. You hugged back. You could see Jareth smiling over at the door with Loki. Fluer soon pulled away, checking your face for any wounds. You giggled.

"Fluer, I'm fine!" You said. "I probably caused more damage to them than they did to me. You looked at the door again, seeing a little girl, in a too-big jumper, ugg boots and pyjama pants. You recognised her immediately. "Lilith!" You called out. She beamed, running over to the bed and hugged you. She was very warm. You guessed that's why Cyndarians couldn't stay on Midgard for too long, because of the weather, and that was also why Lilith was wearing those clothes in the middle of summer.

"Hi Satana!" She giggled.

You looked at everyone. You were tired, but happy.

And that was all that mattered at the time.