Intoduction

It had been three days since you found the mischievous, annoying, arrogant and sarcastic being that is Loki Laufeyson. Yep, that's right, you found the Norse God of Mischief and Lies. In the local park.

At seven in the morning.

On a monday...

On the rare occasion you actually go out for a run.

Which was only ever when you thought that your older brother was a pain in the ass.

Now, you stared at the iPhone in your hands. Your eyes stung, but you refused to cry.

"What happened now?" Came the annoying voice of Loki, who had just stepped out from the shadows of your bedroom.

"That's none of your concern." You snapped.

"It is my concern, so I know who to pummel when I meet them."

"But you won't meet them, because they're an asshole who's face I never want to see again. Now go back to plotting world domination or some shit."

"I was actually thinking about how much I hate seeing you cry." You scowled at him, dropping the phone into your lap. Almost instantly, he grabbed it, and stared at the screen. You hastily started struggling to get it back, until you found out he was too stubborn to let go.

Annoyed, you rose from the small couch in the room, and went over to your bed , falling face down onto it. He walked over and sat beside you. You could hear his chest rising and falling with each breath. You found it quite infuriating. "Give me back my phone." You snapped. He was still reading.

"But, he said he wanted to meet up with you tomorrow." He questioned

"Tomorrow's my birthday. He wants to break up with me on my fucking birthday!"

"What is this 'breaking up' ritual you speak of?"

"It's when two people end a relationship." You growled into your pillow. You wanted to smack him with it. "What time is it?" You asked.

"I do believe it is five to nine at night. Why do you ask?" You pulled your head up from the pillow.

"I'm going to have a shower. Stay in here. I swear on Odin's life, if you follow me, I'll beat you with a chair." He smiled, crossing his heart that he would stay. You grabbed your pyjamas, towel, and ran from the bedroom, into the bathroom. You slowly turned on the water, beginning to sing.

"On the first page of our story,
The future seemed so bright.
Then this thing turned out so evil,
Don't know why I'm still surprised.
Even angels have, their wicked schemes, and you take that, to new extremes.
But you'll always be, my hero. Even though, you've lost your mind...

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? Well that's alright because I like the way it hurts.
Just gonna stand there and watch me cry? Well that's alright 'cos I love the way you lie.
Mhmm, I love the way you lie..." Your voice cracked, and you burst into tears. The one you had been texting to was your soon-to-be ex. You lifted your head up, trying to sing a different song. This one was happier, if not funnier than the last.

"Oh, you don't know what it's like to get your head lumped in. You keep flappin' those gums, like you're the boss, you better check your chin."

By the time you had finished singing, you could hear your brother slamming on his wall to "Shut the fuck up". You turned off the shower, and slid into your pyjamas. You opened the door to your room, in a slightly better mood. Loki smiled, seeing you do the same.

"I could hear you singing." He said. "Who's lies do you love, exctly?"

"No one's. I hate it when people lie. It's just a song. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed." It was still early, but after your horrible day, sleep was the only thing you had control over.