Rude awakening

Lucifer stood up, his head spinning. This Midgardian weather was cold, and making him ill, but he continued to march on. He'd done everything he could not to destroy the whole realm, and if he was going to get sick because of his bride to be, he'd put up with it. Raphael had been captured, Mary had left her Vessel and was back by his side. You were his target, and after he'd gotten rid of Loki and made you his, he'd steal all of your power, and destroy Midgard, Asgard, Svartalfheim, and anything he wanted. He would rule the universe.

He could almost taste it, it was so close to him. If only Fluer hadn't escaped him and ended her life, it wouldn't have had to be this way.

--

Loki cradled you in his arms, rocking you as you sobbed. You had another nightmare, worse this time. Things were burning, burnt or just in a pile of ash. Lucifer was kicking your ass, Rapheal held Loki's head up with his hands, and Loki was watching you get beat to a pulp before you were beheaded. It was a terrifying dream, and you hoped your sobbing wouldn't alarm everyone. Loki stroked your hair, whispering sweet little nothings into tour ears to calm you. You just held onto him while you attempted to stop shaking. When you looked up, Loki smiled softly down at you, placing a kiss on your forehead.

"How long has it been since your last nightmare?" He asked, string into your eyes.

"A week." You said. He nodded softly.

"What happened this time?"

"I was attacked by Lucifer- and Raphael... and you were dead, well- on fire, so halfway there." You mumbled, making him sigh. As the two of you sat there, you rested your head on his chest.

After a few minutes of solid silence, you spoke. "When you were talking about Fluer before-"

"You want to know why I was saying that?" You nodded, and he sighed once more. "Fluer was a hybrid- emphasise the was. She was the one who committed suicide, and she was also from Cyndaris. When she did that to herself, it was in a time when a young girl was already dead- she was running from Lucifer. When Fluer's soul realised it was inside a dead body, it made it's way to the nearest empty shell- which happened to be a girl Jareth had tricked into being his maid. Of course, Jareth already knew what Fluer was like, and when she took over the body, Jareth was beside himself. He'd already considered Fluer his friend and was devastated to lose both her and Maya- the maid. He's really only lost Maya, but he got to see Maya's body and hear Fluer's voice and personality whenever he wanted. Fluer refused to be a maid and instead chose to help around the Underground anyway."

"Okay, but why was the fact that Fluer's... soul from Cyndaris important?" You questioned, listening contently.

"Because, she was Lucifer's first choice for a Hybrid to steal the power from. When a Hybrid is killed, a certain weapon is used to transfer the power to themselves- the person or thing that killed them. Lucifer's family has had it for centuries. The assassinated and executed hybrids were too dangerous to a; keep alive and b; be allowed to use their power when everyone knows it corrupts. What Fluer did was to stop Lucifer before he could get to her. No one planned on you though. You're at least a decade younger than Fluer, and because Fluer's soul only brought some of the power with it, she keeps Maya's body young. Like I said during the... film, that's it- No one deserves the pain that girl has endured."

--

You lay awake, Loki dozing lazily beside you. You were restless, and even though you were incredibly tired, you couldn't sleep like this. You had too much information swimming through your head. It was all too damn exciting.

Fluer used to be... She used to be like you. And the body she was using- how did Maya die? You guessed it was probably Lucifer. But... Fluer.. Fluer killed herself, to save people... You knew she was awesome for a damned reason. You sat up, staring at the clock and sighing. It was late, about four am. You were too buzzed to sleep though, do you climbed out of the bed, wandering around the tower in a giant t shirt and shorts.

Suddenly, and you saw this through the windows, an explosion sounded outside. You ran to the window, placing your hands on the glass. People were running around mad, and you could see things on fire- and not just rubble, but creatures

This... This was not the time for this. This was not good. You mustered up any shred of courage you had and ran around the tower, waking everyone up. Loki was the first to get up, followed by your brother and best friend. Natasha was ready good to go when you found her. "I heard it too." She said.

By the time everyone was awake, you realised only you and Loki knew what Lucifer was capable of. Thor knew a little bit, but not enough.

"What's going on?" Pepper asked. She looked to be the most tired.

"Lucifer's here." You answered immediately. A wave of terror crashed over everyone but you. "He's brought an army of cyndarian monsters, and they're currently attacking civilians." You scratched your head, thinking of things to say. "The game plan should really be dealt out by Steve, but- no offence intended- he really doesn't know enough. Our main goal is to get as many people to safety as we can, and well away from here. This will be Lucifer's main point of attack, and he's going to go right for Loki and I. Tony- we made an extra cannon, so I want Jane and Darcy to use them from up here. They aren't heavy. Thor, if you can somehow make it rain, do so. Water hurts them, and so does a lack of oxygen. Oxygen keeps a fire going.

"Natasha, if you can keep an eye on any stragglers, that would be good. Steve, hand to hand combat works- but you'll be burnt, so keep water with you. Pepper, Stark industries is able to bypass TV waves- Tell people to evacuate their homes and stay away from busy streets. Don't let them use their cars- it will make too many casualties if the roads are attacked. Lucifer's going to try and let Raphael out- if he does, don't attack. Loki and I will do that." You looked over to your friend and brother. "Evacuate people. I don't care how, but get them away. Keep water bottles with you. If a kettle can make a Cyndarian scream- then so can bottled water."

You looked to Steve, who gave you a small grin. "Avengers- plus everyone else- assemble!" He shouted. Everyone immediately got to work. Bruce hung at the back, and you quickly walked over. He glanced at you, before sighing.

"Code green?" He asked, and you nodded.

"But only when we get outside." This made him grin slightly, and he wandered off somewhere else. Loki emerged from the hallway, in his usual armour. He raised an eyebrow at your pyjamas.

"Fighting in that are we, love." He said snidely. You rolled your eyes.

"Got any thing for me?"

"Your Cyndarian armour?"

"I'll get targeted by accident."

"Then I'll give you something else." He grinned, splaying his hand towards you. Asgardian armour appeared over your pyjamas and he grinned- but only because it was a version of his- in red. Oh that motherfucker.

"I look like a tool." You said, glaring at him. He glared at you, mentally saying 'I am not a tool.' This only made you grin.

You needed to grin eventually. You needed to make him think you weren't scared that your entire plan could fail.

Loki X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें