Chapter 42

(Still have to edit any spelling or grammatical mistakes... too tired and lazy to do it now because it's already 12:45a.m. here... so yeah... hope you'll excuse me for today... 😅💔)

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The sky already turned black. Only the dim light from the hospital corridor that peaked through the narrow window blinds was the only source that could help the corner of someone's heart to feel at ease... because those small rays could let him at least see a particular swollen face that was half covered with white bandages while lying silently on the bed.

Jungkook slowly reached his hand out to hold the cold hand, trying his best not to touch the needle that punctured the veins over the back of the soft hand, escaping another drop of tears as he closed his eyes when he could finally feel those soft hands on his.

"He's fine now. Since he had loss too much of blood, it was a risky case. But good thing that you brought him in time and even gave him your blood. If any more delay than this, things could've been worst. He got a fracture of femur and we have already done with the surgery. But it'll take around 6 months to recover completely to be able to walk."

Those words from the doctor kept repeating on Jungkook's head. They said Taehyung was fine but he was still unconscious.
He could feel the saltiness of the teardrops leaving those red swollen eyes that made their ways to his lips.

Jungkook hadn't spoken any word since he brought Taehyung to the hospital. While everybody was crying in front of the operation theater, he was just sitting on the cold stainless steel chair that kept outside, just like a statue that has no life. The way Taehyung pushed him away, the way Taehyung had looked at him when he rushed towards him and lifted his head to his lap, the way Taehyung smiled at him and said "You're alright" before closing his eyes, his mind was continuously playing the sight just like a movie.

"Jungkook-ah... Go and eat something. Or else you'll collapse now."

Jungkook lifted his head up when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder just to find Jin standing behind him.
He didn't say anything, still holding the cold hand tightly.

"Jungkook... I know you're worried about him. But do you think he would be happy if he find you like this when he wake up? The doctor already said he'll be fine. So don't worry. We all are here for him. Go and eat something. You realy look pale right now. Or... do you want me to bring something for you here?"

Jungkook just shook his head and got up from his chair and leaned down giving the sleeping bear a sweet peck on his forehead and walked out of the room while Jin let out a loud sighed thinking how broken the other looked.

Darkness taken over every corner of the huge hall, so as his heart.
Jungkook was standing in the middle of the mall. It was not that late but not a single person could be seen since he had already rented the whole mall for the day, the day he waited for so long, the day he had gathered all his strength just to give his most special person the best gift of his life. Who would have thought the most beautiful day he had imagined to be the worst day?
He slowly pressed the switch which driven away all the darkness in the whole area. But the light couldn't drive away the darkness in his heart, instead, the more the tube lights got brightened up, the more it darkened his heart. Why? Because it could let him see all the red flowers, the thousands of purple balloons rolling all over the white floor, the unlit candles, the readied huge strawberry cake, the folded banner that printed "MARRY ME".
The next moment, he found himself on his knees picking up the scattering flower petals. He took the huge teddy bear that was lying on the floor and clutched it into his chest as tightly as he could.

Memories | I Still Love You | ✔ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें