Chapter 22

We were in a house Carter was upstairs in the kitchen searching drawers, I was in the basement, I stumbled across a box "HANDS UP" I spun around with my gun pointing "NCIS!" "SPECIAL Agent" I put my gun down as I recognised them straight away "you need to leave the crime scene" Tom looked at me "fine" I took the box and went to walk out "put the box down" "no thanks" "this is my crime scene!" "You know what!?" I took out my phone and and went to call Danny "what are you doing? Calling for back up?" "No...calling for an ambulance" I smiled as danny answered and Carter came down the stairs "yep...yep...fine" I hung up the phone "this is my crime scene now" I took the box and walked out with Carter "suppose now is the time to tell you I'm your new partner" I looked at Carter "what?" "Yeah for this case...and the next...and the next I'm your partner...so partner am I forgiven yet?" I handed the box over to Carter and punched him in his jaw "does it look like I forgive you yet?" He looked up holding his mouth as we walked out.

We pulled up outside a house "okay I'll go in" Tom smiled as he got out "what about back up?" "You're the back up" "I'm the back up...I hate him I hate him so much" I sunk in my seat as I looked at Carter. We heard gunshots and a man run past the car Tom followed hot on his heels "think he needs back up yet?" Carter sighed and got out the car, we ran the opposite way and stayed in the trees . We saw Tom holding his gun up hosting at the man who had a woman hostage "I'll kill her!" He yelled at him "come on, it's over put the gun down" Tom...the man of all reason...not ...the man then loaded his gun, I took my chance and shot from behind, smashing a car window and hitting him in his back...

Back at the house the police had arrested and rescued a girl "okay she was smuggled in and then held against her will" "this is when you would say thank you" I folded my arms and leant back on a car "are you kidding me? You shot my only lead!" "You're so stupid!" "If that was your daughter!" He came up to my face "I suggest you do me a favour...and get out of my face" "do me a favour..." "Yeah?" "Get off my car, I just got it waxed" I stood up and looked at the red Porsche under me "thanks" "you're a real jerk you know that!" Carter yelled at him, he grabbed his hand and twisted him around "what are you a ninja!?" Carter cried out in pain I held up my gun pointing it at Tom "There's no one else to do this job, we need to get along, let him go, I'm only asking once" "okay...okay" Tom let him go, Carter straightened himself up "we need to find this human trafficker befor-" Carter spun around and punched his nose "yeah you're right...I don't like you"

Back at ops I was ranting at the lads "how does he dare show his face like that and expect to have some forgiveness!" I slammed my glass down "he...." "What did he actually do" "he cheated on me!" Tom at that moment walked in "hey go park us my car for me would you baby?" He threw his keys at me "with pleasure" I smiled as I tossed the keys in the air and took a baseball bat with me.

I walked to the computer room and batted the keys to him "I parked it right at the entrance so you don't have to walk far.." I smiled nicely as took my place next to Carter "okay, Antonio is looking to hire..." Everyone looked at me "what do you mean hire?" I looked at them all "NO...hell no not again" I folded my arms.

I walked down the stairs to wolf whistles, the dress clung to every bit of my skin, I felt so uncomfortable and the heels were not helping in any way...6 inch black stilettos with silver spikes on the heels...we walked out front, Harry and Eric started gasping "what?" Tom rushed forward and let out a scream "what's wrong?" I smiled as I linked Carter's arm, everyone looked at me, Harry grinned widely "my car..." "Well what's left of it, looks like someone doesn't like you" I grinned, his car had been pretty badly bashed up, I'd dug the keys into the side, carved my name into the leather seat, and I'd taken a baseball bat to both headlights, slashed a hole in all four tyres, maybe next time he'd think before he cheated "maybe the vandal used this" I kicked the bat up with my heel and pushed it into his chest "check for prints" I patted his shoulder as we climbed in our car.

I stood there in front of the men "take the dress off, so I now you're not wearing any wires" I sighed and shimmied out of it, I then heard a camera click "what are you doing?" I folded my arms covering some of my exposed skin "if any of my men recognise you, you're dead" I sighed as I went to put my dress back on "woman, I didn't say put it back on" I then heard his phone ding, and then guns being loaded, the next thing Carter crashed through the wall, hundreds of gunshots echoed around the building, Antonio made a run for it "Becca!" Carter shouted "got it" I ran around the side with a crowbar and crouched down, i heard his footsteps and stood up quickly, he ran straight into it, sending him flying "WOAHH" Carter and Tom ran towards me as they lowered their guns "NOW can I put that dress back on?"

After I'd put on regular clothes I went into the interrogation room, "next time I see that lil hottie, I won't be such a gentleman" Carter hit him with a cigarette tray then Tom punched him "sorry boss" Tom looked at me "for what I didn't see anything" "bitch you blind! They punched me!" "Bitch...please I've been called worse" "oh yeah what?" Tom looked at me "your girlfriend" I said without budging my face "OOH TOUCHEEE" Carter high fived me "now would you like to file a complaint?" "Eh yes I would!" "Because you'd need a witness for it to stand and being as no one saw anything...still wanna sue?" He looked at me "good...now tell me everything"

I drove the car, Carter sat next to me and Tom in the back "there it is" we found the ship, just setting off "how do you wanna do this?" Tom leant forward I loaded my gun "hold on" I looked at Carter and put my foot down "all right...ALL RIGHT!!!" Tom yelled in the backseat as the car jumped over the sea gap and landed on the ship "he's there, Hess..." We all got out the car and made out way through the maze of metal containers "HESS ITS OVER" a bullet ricocheted off the metal container and skimmed my arm "ah shit!" I then saw a shadow jump over the container, in pain I climbed up and followed him, jumping from one container to the other, he then stopped and spun around, before punching me, I knocked him but he came back stronger, full on combat fighting between us on this metal container, he then stuck his finger in my open wound and threw me down onto a car below "hey!! There's one thing you should know!" "Oh yeah?! What that?!" "You're going to die the same way your brother did" I quickly grabbed a gun and shot him three times sending him backwards into the sea. I threw my head back in exhaustion, that's when I saw Carter sat on one of Hess's accomplices he was fidgeting everywhere "where are you trying to go to?!? Go on go ahead" Carter sat up revealing the mans handcuffs he eventually stopped fighting back

We waved Tom off after my arm had been bandaged then my phone rang, "who is it?" Carter looked at me "I have no idea.." I answered it "hello? Becca Harding?" "Ahh Becca...would you like to see your brother again?" "What? Who is this?!" "I want 15 million pounds...or your brother dies!" "Where is he?! Put him on NOW!" "Becca...." "Where are you?!" "They've got me, a gun to my head, don't give them the money, they'll kill me anyway Becca..Becca I love you okay I love you so so mu-" I heard yells coming from the phone "MARK!!" "Get the money or you'll get your brothers head in a box...queen street, 112, knock once and we will open the door, you have 15 hours" he hung up the phone, I looked at Carter as tears rolled down my cheeks "where do I get 15 million from?!" "We will find it...somewhere...somehow..." He kissed the top of my head as he sat me down.