Chapter 34

Steve drove like a bat out of hell, to the nearest hospital, I had hold of Danny's hand "hey, Becca, please let go of my trigger hand....I need it!" "SHUT UP DANNO!" I threw my head back as the pain seemed to last forever now, "okay! We are here!" Steve shouted as he pulled up and opened the door.

Steve POV - I took Becca from the car and carried her inside "we need a midwife!!!!" I called as Danno and I ran through the hospital "what is all the commotionoh-" the young midwife took one look at Becca before signalling to the doctor, he brought over a bed and I laid her down "okay who's the father..." The midwife looked at us, "Erm..neither of us..." "Becca would you like these to be in the room with you?" She looked at us "no....it's okay, I won't put them through that...just get this baby out of me...." We watched as they rolled her into a room and closed the doors behind them.

We were allowed in the room eventually, we were sat with Becca, in the next room we could hear some awful screaming, Danno looked at Becca before asking "did you HEAR that?" She looked at him "Um, the dad isn't here so you're the next u best thing, and it's kinda your job to distract me from stuff like that, not draw my focus to it!" She threw a pillow at him before grabbing hold of the bed, shortly after a woman walked in, "hello Rebecca I'm here to check how far you are!" We watched as she stuck her hand in her...her....Danno passed out, he caught glimpse of the midwife's hand, it was gooey, and bloody...and I felt faint "okay you're 8cm, how you feeling?" Becca looked at her "oh I'm fine....but one more person puts their hand in me I will shoot them" the midwife chuckle as she took off the glove "you're nearly ready, how's the gas and air? We need to take it from you for just a while whilst we move you to a different room" she went to grab for the tube in Becca's hand, "I don't think so" she growled at her "touch that tube and you're going to lose your fingers!" "Yes we are definitely ready to push, Mr mcGarrett please take the tube from her" the midwife looked at me "I don't think so!" "Why not!?" I folded my arms hiding my hands "she wasn't kidding about losing the fingers...I like my fingers I use them a lot" I was suddenly glared at by both women and then Danno who'd sat up from the floor.

Becca was wheeled to a different room where she began to scream, "okay guys we need you to try and calm down Rebecca for us" I looked at Danno who turned to Becca "hey Becca....calm down" she looked up and punched him, knocking him to the floor unconscious "I'll get him out of here..." I grabbed a hold of his feet and dragged him through the double doors.

We paced the hospital corridor, like expecting fathers, "she's been in there hours!" "Hey when we had grace it took nearly 7 hours....Becca has only been in there for 3" Danno held an ice pack on his nice, just as I was about to sit down a doctor came out, followed by a very tired looking Becca "you can see her in a second let's just get her to a ward" the doctor smiled at us as we both nodded.

Becca POV - I sat up in bed, tied my hair into a bun and made sure I looked somewhat presentable, I had the baby in my arms as the door creaked open slightly "you can come in y'know" I chuckled as Danno and Steve walked in, Steve holding a big bunch of flowers "flowers?" "They're not much...but Erm, it's was Danny's idea, they're only from downstairs but-" "Steve shut up" Danno rolled his eyes as Steve put the flowers down "hey I'm sorry about your nose...I just, you told me to calm down, I was about to push a baby through a sm-" "can we see baby?" Steve suddenly burst out, I nodded as they both sat on the edge of my bed "what have you-" "a baby girl..." I smiled as I showed her face "what's her name?" "Bailey...Bailey Harding" I smiled at Danno as I rocked her in my arms "hey Danno, fancy getting us a drink I'm sure Becca here is dying for something other than warm water" "yeah sure....what can I get you?" "Erm, a hot choc sounds great...thanks Danny" he smiled and walked out the door.

Steve continued to look at me "could I hold her?" "Sure" I smiled at him as I passed Bailey to him "she beautiful, just like her mom" he looked at me as he smiled "I don't want to pry but, you don't seem to be wearing your wedding ring? And you called her Bailey Harding...what about Carter?" I looked at the faint tan line on my wedding finger "didn't feel right wearing it y'know...I just, he said he didn't love me and that hurt, a hell of a lot, so he's clearly not interested anymore, I just, I just wish things could've been different y'know, she's not going to have a father in her life and that to me is so important" "hey, we may not be the best, but me 'n' Danno, we'll be here for you and for Bailey!" I wiped a tear from my cheek "thank you" Bailey began to murmur "oh back to mommy!!" He passed her back to me "you don't mind me feeding right?" Steve shuck his head as he smiled, Bailey began to suckle as I took a big breath "Becca..." Steve came closer "Steve" he took a breath as he stood next to me in the bed "tell me...if I'm-" "Steve shut up and kiss me" I looked up at him, nervously, he breathed out quickly and placed a hand on the side of my cheek and brought his lips to mine, it was gentle, but somewhat romantic, my stomach was in knots as he pulled away and smiled against my lips.