Chapter 1

"Mmmmm what smells delicious" Carter walked into the kitchen "pancakes, go and put a shirt on we have guests" I smiled looking over to the table in front of me, our next door neighbours were sat there, "oh you two are adorable!" Sarah cooed her partner looked at me and winked, sent shivers down my spine, Carter ran up the stairs to get dressed. As he was gone I shared the breakfast out, he came back down and took his seat next to me.

"So tell us, how did you two meet" Sarah smiled taking a mouthful of pancake, we looked at each other nervously "well, erm, I was on a skiing holiday with my, my brother and I was going down this really big slope" I looked at Carter for help "I was also on a skiing holiday, and I was casually enjoying my slope when someone, screaming at the top of her lungs crashed into the back of me, taking us both out" i shot him a look before continuing I couldn't believe he just shared that "he pulled me up, and I kept slipping so he carried me to a bench and made sure I was okay, we swapped numbers and then" "it went from there" Carter finished my sentence, he then placed his hand over my left hand, "how did you know he was the one?" Sarah rested in her hands, I looked at Carter for a moment "his eyes, so blue, so big, he was wearing these ridiculous clothes, this bright yellow hat, yellow scarf, bright green gloves and a coat that was covered in snow" I smiled to myself as I remembered "and what was she wearing?" Carter nearly choked on his pancake "you really expect me to be able to remember that?" He coughed, I looked at him with a sad expression, almost disappointed, he stared at me for a moment "pink love heart dotted hat matching scarf, a coat that was far too big for her, her hair down in bunches, her hands freezing cold because she had no gloves on" he smiled at me as I looked down blushing. "What was it about Chloe?" Sarah asked him "her laugh, no her hiccups, whenever she laughs really bad she gets hiccups" he grinned at me I carefully placed my foot over his and pressed down, he gasped discreetly...

"Well it's been great having you!! We should do this again sometime" I smiled as they walked down the path, Carter stood behind me, close he wrapped his hand around my waist squeezing slightly "what are you doing?" I said through a smile "you're my wifey, I'm just being husbandy" "husbandy....really?" I shut the door "get off me!" I shimmied away from him "oh come on! Wifey!! Hunny!!! Sweetie pie!!" I walked away from him ripping my apron off as I walked into the kitchen, I held my hand to my ear "you got anything on them Natt??" I waited for a reply 'Sarah's partner used to be a drug dealer, but seems he's got himself in too deep, they're having a meeting around their house tomorrow' Natt answered "that's great cheers Natt" I turned to Carter "right Greg the partner, he's having a meeting tomorrow with a few associates, we need to check it out, I'll call Harry and Eric, make sure they have our backs" 'Becca, it seems they're planning on bombing the underground, the meeting tomorrow is to make sure the plan is still going ahead, Patty says to shoot when you come into contact' I turned to Carter "you get that?" He nodded "thanks again Natt" I smiled as I ran upstairs to get changed out of that ridiculous dress I was wearing.

When I came back down Carter was sat on the sofa watching football, "erm excuse me?" I stood over him as I pulled my hair into a bobble "yes" he looked up at me with his cheesy grin, his whispy blonde hair flopped around his face "the dishes...they're not going to wash themselves" "Oh yeah....the dishes...I'll do them after the game" he smiled before going back to the TV "no, don't worry about it, it's fine I'll do them" i threw a tea towel at him as I walked back to wash. I slammed about making sure I got the point across, after I put the last plate away I turned around "I got the point after the 3rd slam" he looked at me holding a twisted tea towel. "Don't you even think about it" I looked at him as he started to whip the towel at me, narrowly missing me every time. He whipped it one last time and it slapped my leg "OOH!" I screamed out in pain "ooooooh that looked like it hurt, it sounded like it hurt to be honest" "it DID hurt!" I grabbed a towel from the side and wet the end "now now, that's taking it to another level" he slowly backed away from me, holding his hands out, I whipped the towel a few times making sure I missed him, it made a brilliant cracking sound "Becca stop!" He kept jumping out of the way guarding himself with his hands, "okay, okay ill stop" I smiled as I retreated, he nodded, smiled and then turned around to go back to the tv, I walked behind him quietly, he flopped down on the sofa, his arse in the air, i whipped the towel, it hit his arse making a brilliant sound, it was a delayed reaction "OOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!" He squirmed all over the sofa clutching at his behind "that looked like it hurt, it sounded like it hurt to be honest" I grinned at him as I walked Into the kitchen.

That night I climbed into the bed, Carter walked in still clutching his bum, he sat down "oooooh ow ouch ouch ouw" he moaned as he sat down, "it is not that bad!" I giggled laying down, "you whipped me with a wet towel have you seen my bruise!?!" I looked at him "no I haven't seen your bruise and I don't particularly want to see your bruise" I turned over and pulled the duvet up to my chin turning off my light, I felt the bed move as he was getting in the duvet, then I felt an extremely cold hand go on my waist "whoa!!!" I jumped "I have a gun under my pillow and I'm not afraid to use it....hand off!" His hand moved quickly "I was only acting husbandy" "I'm sooo glad I'm not really married to you!!! Jeez" I rolled my eyes as I pulled the duvet back up.

"You really have a gun under your pillow?" I heard a slightly worried voice "yep" I smiled to myself "don't worry Carter I'm not going to shoot you, snore and I might though" I giggled before closing my eyes...