Chapter 12

"You don't have to be here today" Carter looked at me "I'm fine! Now I can feel my jaw and thing, and not shaking cold from the freezing water" I laughed as I rubbed his arm, it was cute how he cared "well think about it, it'll be obvious who the mirdered is, they'll have a whopping black eye from when I right hooked him" he laughed as we walked into the tower "are you kidding me...The slightest bit of sun and everyone wears bloody sunglasses?!" I looked at Carter who looked at me "now what?!" He sighed "I have an idea" I smiled at him, he looked at cautiously as I walked over to Whip.

"Hey what sunglasses are they, I need a new pair and you guys seem to know all the great brands" he took them off and handed them to me "these are good but I'd go ask Beardy, Itchi and mouse they have a better taste" he laughed as I handed them back over "ah cheers! Will do!" I walked back to Carter "it wasn't him, but apparently I need to ask Beardy, Itchi and mouse" "right you get busy and I'll go out and do the actual job, but I'll ask around for any more information. I walked down to the beach to go and find Beardy. On the tray down an elder man, who seemed drunk spun around with his surfboard whacking me in the face Carter came running down "I'm so sorry I didn't see you there!" He sounded like a broken record "come in lets get you back to the tower" Carter wrapped his arm with mine and walked me up to the tower again. They sat me down as whippet came over to inspect "how bad is it! Carter how bad is it?" He looked at me with a tilted head "not...TOOO bad" "you hesitated!" I gasped "give us a mirror it kills like hell" I held my hand out "you sure you want to see?" Whippet looked at me as he held the broken piece of mirror to his chest "yeah just give!" I laughed as he handed it over slowly to me "oh god" I had a massive split in my lip and I was going to get a tremendous bruise.

Dinner time came eventually and I'd had no luck with Beardy, I was yet to ask Itchi and Mouse, me and Carter began to walk towards Harry and Eric who are in the icebergs "hey where are you two going?!" Whippet holds the door open and looks at us "oh it's our dinner break!!" I smiled "and you're eating in the icebergs?" "I'm going to ride a lil wild surf" whippet looks at him wide eyed and then looks at me, I twist my hair and giggle all girly "ahhhhhh a have fun mate!!" He showed this finger sign and we began to walk quickly "I hope you choke on your liver!" I hiss at Carter as we reach the bar. "Right guys what you found?" Eric looked at me "right...I've asked whippet and Beardy and neither have a black eye, I still need to ask Itchi and mouse" "you're doing well B" Harry smiled at me "how'd the spilt lip come about?" Eric laughed "drunken surfer" I rolled my eyes as I went to walk out "hey you can't go back yet!" Carter grabbed my arm "w...why not?" "Because if you remember I was going to ride a ill wide surf" "yeah, we've been in here ten minutes...I've been kind!" I tapped the side of his face as I walked out the bar.

We arrived back at the tower "that was quick" whippet frowned as we walked In "I know...you're telling me" I smirked at Carter he just ran his fingers through his hair and went down to the beach "I'm locking up tonight fancy helping?" "Yeah sure" I smiled as then followed Carter down to the beach. "Right who..who do you need to ask?" "Itchi and mouse" "right you go and I'll go back down the beach and do some work" he looked at me for a split second longer than usual before walking down to the beach. I went to go find Itchi...I found him treating an a young boy who had just been stung by a bee "ah Becca! Fancy helping me? I need you to calm him down" I nodded as I grabbed the little boys hands "hey wanna build a sandcastle?" His crying became a lot quieter "here look, let's flatten this bit and then we can fill your bucket up with wet sand" he began to help me pat it all down, "you ready to turn it? 3...2...1" he helped me turn it upside down quickly before tapping the top we lifted it off together leaving a perfect sandcastle "I need a shell for the door" he looked up at me "here I might have one" I fished around in my board shorts and found the perfect seashell "here ya go" I handed it to him and he out it proudly in his castle "there you go lil fella all better" Itchi rubbed his hair as we both stood up, "thank you! So much" the mum hugged us both before we walked down to our post again "can I help ya, you're not supposed to be on with me" "yeah whippet said about how apparently you have better taste in sunglasses then he does and I'm looking for a decent pair" "ah right" he pushed them further into his face "what make are yours?" "Erm they're only cheap" he smiled quickly before looking at the water "they don't look it, can I have a look at them?" "I've got really bad eyes today, the sun is too bright for em" "ah right okay!" Suddenly we heard the radio crackle and someone say a child was drowning just in front of us, Itchi took off his sunglasses and flung them at me along with his shirt as he ran out to the girl. When he returned I looked at his eyes, both red and tired looking "okay okay I went to a party late last night and I haven't had much sleep, my eyes are red and I'm trying to hide them" he looked at me as he put his shirt back on "hey I'm not here to judge we've all been there done that" I laughed as I handed them back to him.

As the sand started to empty my ear piece was going crazy "Natt? What's up?" *i...lo...b...s..add...up....let.* her words weren't coming through "Natt I can't hear you!" I pushed my piece in further I then heard a bang before she started to speak again *hear me now?* I giggled before answering "I hear you Natt loud and clear" *look up to your left at the cliff! I think we've just found our murderer* I looked to the cliff next to the beach and saw two people I look at Carter who is already on his way up there "be my eye Natt I don't have a visual" I shout as I'm running to the cliff through the rocks, the quickest way possible, *i can't hear what they're saying but it's two men Becca, Carter you need to hurry the hell up!* "okay I can only climb as fast as possible!" I finally got to the top and take the gun from my bra holster "bra holster....really?" Carter looked at me breathlessly as he also took his gun out "FREEZE! SPECIAL AGENTS" the taller well built man is about to push off this smaller man who had a bloodied face, "Come away from the edge!" Carter said calmly, the bigger man turned around, "Mouse?" I heard a voice come behind me I turned around, whippet was stood there, looking at everything but his main focus was on mouse, then....everything happened too quickly, Carter moved and pushed the man out of the way as I hear a gunshot, I search around and lock eyes with Carter, "I'm sorry" I look down to his hands, his gun had been dropped but the blood was beginning to trickle down over his hands, he begins to walks forward but collapses backwards and falls off the edge of the cliff "CARTER!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I watch it all unfold, mouse stands there looking at me! I shoot him in the leg and he falls to the ground I run over and kick the gun away from him! Harry and Eric put him in handcuffs as I ran to the edge of the cliff to look for Carter, he wasn't there, just large crashing waves, I began to tip over the edge before I felt a hand grab the back of my shirt, Harry pulled me backwards onto the ground