Chapter 5

Carter was dropping me off at work but instead of him just dropping me off he got out of the car at the same time, "what...what are you doing?" I looked at him "Olivia, well Chloe Vernont is her real name has told us everything, but we need to check just one more thing, hence why I'm here, I'm coming undercover with you" I looked at him "right okay...well, what as?" "As a sexy important client of yours" he smiled at me, okay he was right about the sexy but shhh... "Yeah tell me what you're really coming as?" "A......" He mumbled "a what?" I walked closer "a cleaner...." He put his head down "awwww" I ruffled his shaggy hair "wait...you do know they don't have cleaners, well they have their own personal cleaners...." I looked at him he didn't know what to say "be my cleaner" I looked at him "right..." I have my own office, I'll just have to make a mess...won't i" I smirked as I walked into the building.

"Oooh thank goodness you're here Clara!!! Olivia has called in sick for the day and I know you're so busy for me but could you please take on her job? Just until we get someone else in?" He had each hand on my shoulders looking at me with sheer panic "of course I will, can I stay in this office though?" I looked at him smiling "oh god of course!!! Thank you so so much!" He then ran and disappeared off to a meeting he had. I checked in the diary, no one was meant to in the building until 12.35pm, I walked to the door and stuck my head out making sure the rooms were empty, I shut my door quietly, operation wreck the place was about to begin, i started with a few pictures, accidentally knocking them off when I bent over, and then maybe I knocked a vase of flowers on the floor, sending flowers, water and beads all over the floor, "George to office 102" I said through my ear piece "George....really?!" Carter replied "what...don't you like George?" I walked to face the window and as I walked I pushed a glass of the side to add the finishing touches "no...I don't like George" Carter came through the door, "but it's such a nice name!!!" I giggled.

"Right what are we actually looking for?" I watched as Carter began to search through cabinet drawers, through all the different papers and files "Chloe Vernont said she hid a syringe in some drawers, Tim was stabbed I the neck with the needle which sent him dizzy and weak, Chloe says she then made him face the window and with one mighty push he fell forward and the window smashed" "the window smashed just like that?" I looked at him confused "what?" "It doesn't make sense, Chloe didn't have the physical strength to even manoeuvre Tim, he was a big bloke, and she wouldn't have been able to push him hard enough for the Window to smash, you have seen the woman right? Size 2???" Carter looked at me as he thought "think she had help?" "Either that, or she's covering for someone" Carter closed the drawers quietly "no syringe" "check Jonathan's drawers" I opened the door and Carter walked in, almost straight away he found it "reckon he's part of it?" I asked as he searched for anything else "hmm I'm not sure" then we heard doors slamming about "Carter shit!" We ran into my office as i picked up the glass, my door handle began to turn the rooms as no longer a mess, Carter was just a strange man I grabbed his shirt, our lips met each other's.m

I pulled away quickly and turned to Jonathan with bright red cheeks "I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me" "hey don't worry about it! Who's this?" He turned to face a Carter "im George" he held out his hand holding the syringe behind his back "nice to meet you, right Clara I'm going to need an hour off think you could clear my schedule?" I nodded enthusiastically as he went into his office, "we need to talk about that" "what that he just shrugged you off?" "No the kiss" "the cover kiss?" I smiled as I tried to see if there were may other bits we could've missed, "interesting tactic for cover" "it worked didn't it?" I turned to face him, his mouth opened and then closed again "I suppose" he looked at me "shhh" "don't tell me to" "SHH" I looked at him "hear that?" I mouthed he moved to where I was and listened, a gun was being loaded, we split and each stood at the side of the door, I took my gun from my leg holster, Carter took his from the washing bucket.

We looked at each other "ready" Carter mouthed I nodded "special agents, come out with your hands up" Carter shouted through the door, there was no answer, he walked to the door and put his ear to it, a shot came through the wood centimetres away from his face, "oh shit!" I jumped as Carter looked at me wide eyed, he stepped back before kicking open the door with his foot "don't run!!" I heard Carter shout "Becca back!" I ran through my office out the door and stuck out my leg high so he flipped over, I sat on his back and cuffed him. "I told you not to run" Carter came and dragged him up.

~~~ end of the day ~~~

"Chloe Vernont has been released, she was covering for Jonathan" Danny smiled "things people do, why did she cover?" I asked "seems she had a bit of a thing for Mr moor, it's amazing what one would do for a loved one" Patty came down the stairs and stood in the doorway, "goodnight Patty" I smiled as she walked away..."Nice one George!!!" I high fived him "don't call me George" Carter grabbed his shoulder bag, "George, Georgie Georgie George" I wiggled my bum as we walked out down the open corridor, "shurrup Bertha boo" he walked next to me "don't call me Bertha" "Bertha Bertha Bertha" he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked out "get off!!" I shimmied from under him as I walked quicker, he slapped my bum as he chased after me.