Chapter 33

I was 1 week overdue, I was tired, mainly due to lack of sleep, I walked into the five o building and bumped into Steve he quickly took down whatever was on the screen "Becca, why-" "what was that?" Steve looked at me "Nothing?" "Do I need to throw Knives again?" I took a small picket knife from my ankle boot, Steve sighed heavily and brought the video back up "it's Carter?" "Yeah...he er...he's been seen with the Desouza gang" "what?..." Steve looked at Danno "look..." They zoomed in, it showed Carter standing in a shop, talking to man, it was unclear what they were swapping, but it clearly wasn't good, "right lets go" I grabbed a gun and attached it to my thigh, I grabbed the car keys and got in, steadily, the bump didn't fit in the seat as easily as before, but I squeezed, I drove at speed to the store that Carter was last seen in front of, as I pulled up Steve pulled up in front of me, I got out and made my way to the store "Becca stop! You're going in blind!" "Then come in with me...guys, it's a supermarket store...what's the worst that could happen?" I smiled at him as I lattes his shoulder and walked past Danno.

I was told to make myself busy, with my bodyguard Steve as Danno did the talking, I ended up looking around the store with Steve, Danno was arguing with the shop owner named Lono, "How about you open it or I'll come over there and punch your face" Danno folded his arms "You got some kind of disability? Please Read my lips, you and me. We are done talking" "Is that right" I walked up to Danno with Steve "Look, you seem to be the more rational of the three-" Lono began "Her...." Danno chuckled as Lono continued "So, I'll say this one more time, I can't help you. I'm sorry" I looked at him, "You have five seconds to open the door" "Or what?" He raised an eyebrow at me "One." "Whatcha gonna do?" "Two." "My cousins a lawyer" "Three." "So, so....I know my rights" "Four." "You can't come in here without a warrant!" "Five." Danny swallowed nervously "Time's up." Steve folded his arms as he looked at me "Are you going to open the door?" I looked at Lono "Not a chance." I nodded and spun around "I'll be back" I smiled at them "I'll be back?" Danno looked at me before spinning to Lono "she's done a lot better, trust me..." He then spun to me "That's all you can come up with is "I'll be back?" I nodded at him as I walked outside.

Danno looked at Steve before back at Lono "You see what you did? I don't know what she's gonna do. But if I were you: I'd run out the back, side, roof - go!" I walked back in "a grenade? She has a grenade. Why do you have a grenade? She's got a grenade. You see this? She's not bluffing? She will pull the pin and blow everybody up. Will you trust me, please?" Danno began to panic "That thing's not even real" "You gonna open the door?" I looked at him "No way" "okay" I smiled as I pulled the pin "out now!" The three of us ran out the store, Steve wrapped his arms protectively over me as the Grenade went off, Danno stood up "Come on!!!! what is the matter with you?!? You need help!!! I'll pay for it!!!!" He ran his fingers back through his hair as I looked up at Steve and smiled, he smiled back at me.

We went back into the store, I grabbed a hold of Lono by the shirt and pushed him against the wall "WHAT DID YOU GIVE TO AGENT CARTER!?" "He was an agent? He, he asked for addresses of other agents..." "And you gave them to him?" "He paid me well, who am I to say no?" I punched his jaw and pulled him back up "LOOK! You are going to give me those addresses and tell us where Carter was going!" "Alright....alright...here..." He passed me a sheet of paper "he's going to a house on dela road avenue, it's two blocks from here...that's where the first agent is, look I think he's working for the wrong side, I'd get there quick" "thankyou!" I nodded at Steve and Danno as we made our ways to the cars, as I reached the door I suddenly got a sharp shooting pain in my stomach "holy shit!" I gasped leaning on the car "hey Becca you alright?" "No idea what that was! Let's get going! Come on" "whoa you're not driving" Steve looked at me "Danno drive your car, I'll drive Becca" "you're letting me drive my own car?! Wow this is such an honour" "look, We can do this now, or we can get our assets to that address and stop what's about to go down!" I bent over double again as pain shot through my body Steve went to speak "no! Let's go" I stood up and got in the car gently.

We arrived at the address, "that's his car, at least he's here alone!" I got out the car, and made my way to the building, gun loaded in hand, I kicked down the door ignoring the pain searing in my stomach "CARTER!" I walked through the house, Steve and Danno close on my heels, I got into the living room, Carter was aiming a gun at the other agent tied to a chair "Carter.....stop....this isn't you" "Becca wasn't it?...." I nodded "Carter it's me...you don't have to do this, whatever deal you're in, it can be sorted" "sorry Becca, this has to happen" he aimed the gun at the agent "...Carter..." I held my gun up at him "I don't want to shoot you....but I will....if you don't put the gun down right now" he sighed heavily before turning the gun onto me "Carter" Steve burst into the room "NO! Stop!" I looked at them heifer back at Carter.

So there we stood, guns aiming at each other, both loaded ready to kill, "Carter..." "Becca stop with this Carter shit! I'm not him anymore, I'm not your long lost husband" tears rolled down my cheeks as I swallowed, the gun still pointing at him "car-" "shut up! I don't love you! I never have! You're needy, and God you don't give up, just leave me alone! Maybe I don't want to remember" I swallowed as I suddenly felt a rush of water between my legs "Becca...." Danno looked at me "oh my god my waters" I fell to my knees as the pain tore through my core, Carter took the opportunity and held the gun back to the agent "Carter...." I held my gun up as I was being cradled by Steve "I'm sorry" I pulled the trigger, sending Carter to the ground "come on, we've called assistance! We need to get you to a hospital" Steve picked me up and put me in the back of the car.