Chapter 37

I woke up to the smell of pancakes, and no Steve in bed...quickly getting out of bed and walking into the kitchen I were treated to butt naked Steve, "I hope you have the front covered...their could be anything in my pancake" he spun around quickly "oh my god, you're either really brave or really stupid" I covered my eyes quickly, I suddenly felt his warm breath on my face "Steve..." "Becca..." You could hear his grin "treating me to pancakes....what you after" I opened one eye, his tall naked frame stood over me "I don't want anything were having a normal day" "a normal day?" He walked away to put the pancake on the plate,  I followed him to the table, and sat down on the chair he'd pulled out for me, Bailey say chewing on some strawberries "Steve what's a normal day?" "Exactly! What's a normal day?! Who knows anymore" "Steve have you been Drinking?" He passed me the syrup "no! I just, I thought, y'know, we're getting married next week, maybe you'd wanna go shopping with your mom? I could go to different stores with Bailey maybe meet for a coffee every now and again?" I looked at his hopeful face "that sounds....great..." "Good cos your mom is on her way soon, speaking of which I better go get dressed!" He jumped up and I watched his lil naked white tush run up the stairs...

We arrived at the mall, "alright, I've got my phone, we're all set aren't we Bailey" she clapped her hands in the pram excitedly "see..." Steve smiled "alright...meet for a coffee in an hour?" "Done" he kissed me before disappearing into the crowd, I turned to mom, "sooo....I don't really do this kinda thing" "no worries, I have the perfect place!" She took my hand and dragged me away...

...away to a wedding dress shop "really?" "You're getting married next week....you need a dress....flowers...shoes...a veil!"   She shrieked as a woman came over "hey, I'm Lizzie, can I help you today?" "Yes!" My mother spoke up quickly, I stayed quiet, there were no way in hell was I getting a word in..."my daughter here is getting married in a week....she needs everything" Lizzie turned to me "next week...leaving it late aren't we?" "I only got engaged last week.." I then realised how ridiculous that sounded "my fiancé wanted to marry me as soon as possible...he's THAT kind of romantic..." I finished, Lizzie nodded knowingly "okay well....take a seat, I'll get an assistant to bring over some champagne and I'll go get you some dresses to try on!" Mum clapped her hands as she dragged me to a fur covered sofa...the assistant came over, handed the champagne as the 'fun' began...

*23 dresses later*

I stood there, in what they were calling a dress "I love it!" Mum clapped her hands together "I look like a nun!" "That isn't a bad thing!" "Oh mom....it is...it really is..." The only bits of flesh that were showing..were my hands and face "no, get this thing off me! Can I have a look for a dress?" Lizzie looked at mum then back at me "sure!" "Great!" I stepped from the dress and walked to the back room in my underwear...thank god I'd worn my matching set!

We trailed the rows of wedding dresses, running my fingers across the different materials, when I found it, the dress, "that one, that's the dress" "miss that's a Reem Acra dress..." "So?" I placed my hands on the glass cabinet it stood in, "they're...expensive" "money isn't an issue...can I at least try it on? I might decide I don't like it once it's on" I looked at Lizzie, who smiled and nodded as she got her keys and unlocked the door...

I stood there, in the dress, the diamantéd straps sat perfectly on my shoulders, the dress fitting perfectly to my curves "this is the one" "let's go show the mother shall we?" Lizzie smiled as she helped me down from the stool "hang on...lets fit your veil in place shall we first, give her the full idea..." She clipped material to my curls and pulled some around my shoulders "let's go" we walked out, she cried, full on snot and panda eyes.."let me hug you!!" She came towards me "no no no no no!" I held out my hands to stop her... "I can't hug you in this dress...the dry cleaning would cost more than my house" she composed herself "oh...okay...so is this the one? I hope so I need a coffee!" We paid for everything, the lovely lady sorted out a package deal that included everything "we'll deliver everything to your home tomorrow, save you carrying everything" "that'd be great Thankyou!" We made our way out the store and found Steve.

He sat there with Bailey and "Danno?" I sat down with mom next to me, "oh hello to you too Becca, how you doing, I'd love to a small how your shopping trip has been but I'm staring into thin air....let me guess, fit bird?" I turned to face the diction they were looking, then I clocked who they were both staring at "mom, take Bailey to the car...we'll be out shortly" "wh-" she stopped when she heard my gun click as I loaded it, "come on Bailey let's go!! I think I've got some sweeties!" Mom disappeared with my daughter, "how you wanna take this?" I looked at Steve "quietly, we don't wanna distur-" "I HAVE A BOMB" the man shouted "well....answered my question...lets go" I stood up with Steve and Danno "SPECIAL AGENT! PUT THE BAG DOWN AND GET ON YOUR KNEES ALL I WANTED WAS A NORMAL DAY, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK" I held my gun up at the man "oh shit....I didn't think this through....what kinda special agents sit in a mall and drink coffee!?" He threw the bag to the ground and  went to his knees as I looked at Steve, sharing the same confused expression "are you being serious...." "There isn't even a bomb in that bag....it a toy chewie...shaped like a bomb...." "Are you being serious...are you actually. Oh my god, like what you think this was a nice day to scare the shit out of everyone huuh?" Danno went on a rant as Steve rolled his eyes and cuffed the guy "hey....I apologised, do I get time off?" "No you don't!" I put my gun away and finished my coffee "hey Steve, I'll meet you at home" he nodded at me before dragging the man out to his car.

That night, I'd cooked a meal, laid the table...put Bailey to bed...changed into some new underwear...waited three hours...and fell asleep on the couch, i was in a deep sleep when I heard the front door go, and felt a figure standing behind me "you'd better hope your my fiancé, and not a burglar" "oh yeah, what you gonna do if im a burglar?" Came back an awful Russian accent, I loaded my gun under the pillow "Becca..." "Oh good you're my fiancé, why are you lawwwww" I sat up and covered my mouth with shock as Steve stood there holding a big bunch of flowers, not joking, it was huge, "I'm so sorry I'm late" I jumped up, taking the flowers from him "it's okay, why were you late?" "I've just been so behind on paperwork at work, I didn't realise you'd be doing all this, why didn't you call me?" "I didn't want to bother you, anyways, no worries, the lunch may be in the fridge all cold, but I'm certainly hot" I grinned as I put my hands on my hips "you certainly are!" He grabbed my waist and picked me up as I wrapped my legs around him, allowing him to carry me up stairs and throw me on the Bed.

" "Oh good you're my fiancé, why are you lawwwww" I sat up and covered my mouth with shock as Steve stood there holding a big bunch of flowers, not joking, it was huge, "I'm so sorry I'm late" I jumped up, taking the flowers from him "it's okay, w...