Chapter 35

2 years later

Jogging down the road, my hair swishing in the ponytail, my engagement ring glistening in the morning sun,music blasting through my speakers, that was until Steve spoke through my ear piece *hey babe* "you're interrupting my song". I smiled to myself as I continued to jog, a male runner checking me out as he passed me *oh yeah what you listening to?* "you tell me...." I smirked as I turned off down the road, towards a market square *hmmmm...old time rock n roll?* I could hear the sneer in his voice, and danno laughing in the background "what you finding funny Danno?" *shit she can hear me?* "yes Danno I can hear you..." I slowed the jog to a walk, "there's nothin funny about Tom cruise shaking his lush tush in a white shirt" *hey, I can hear you to!* Steve shouted over me "good for you...but this ring on my finger is fake...and being as you're not planning on proposing I can stare at as many half naked men as I please!" There was a silence *okay because the suspect is checking you out to the left, let him know you're interested* "great change of subject there Steve, as usual!" I sighed as I bent over, to tie my lace, aiming my Arse in the suspects direction *okay, suspect is interested* "see there you go again! And yeah Steve I know, at least someone is showing interest in me" *ooooh burn!* Danno laughed until you heard a thud where he'd been punched by Steve *becca...is this the time really?* "yes it is, you have commitment issues! And for god sake it's not like I want to get married, it's overrated anyway! But y'know, to be told I love you, or maybe hey you look damn good today...." *i do say that stuff!-* "only when you want something!" *give me one time I sai-* "last night, you wanted a back massage and what did you say?" There was a silence *i really really love and your hair looks great....* I could hear muffled arguments "anyway, it doesn't matter, suspect is interested and is now following me down the alley, there's a camera to hack if you wanna watch how you really kick Arse!" *funny* he tutted as I spun around, "you following me?" "Well a gorgeous thing like you...deserves some interest, I couldn't help overhear the conversation on your Bluetooth, and notice the ring, I could give you something better than that" he smiled at me, he was gorgeous don't get me wrong, but he was also a serial murderer with a list as long as the alley for the people who wanted him dead.

He came closer to me "what's your name sweetheart?" "Anna...and yours?" "Matt" he smiled as he stood in front of me, my back hit the wall, "here let me give you a taste..." He placed his hand on my cheek and brought me in, *YOU'RE KISSING HIM!* Steve hissed through my earpiece as Matt pulled away and smiled "well...." He looked at me "hmmm definitely better then my current" *Bitch* "jerk" I whispered as Matt came close again, taking the bobble from my hair sending the hair over my shoulders "wow you are a stunner" "you think....I never get complimented...sometimes I doubt if he loves me at all my fiancé" *unbelievable!* "hmmm...his loss" he went in to kiss me again, I let him, until I'd had enough fun, I kneed him in the balls sending him to the floor "what the fuck you bitch" he held onto his man hood as I walked further into the alley, we were too exposed, it didn't take long for him to follow and grab me in a neck hold "who are you?" "Agent Rebecca Harding" he squeezed tighter "I suggest you let go...or you're gonna die" "or I could squeeze tighter and kill you" "yeah not gonna happen" I elbowed his stomach and grabbed a hold of his shirt before pulling him over my shoulder onto the floor and pulled my gun "Matthew Cortes-" I pulled the trigger as he threw a knife into my thigh, *becca y'all right?* "you called me a bitch!" *shes fine* Steve tutted as my music suddenly started to play through my speakers again.

After disposing the body Danno drove towards me, I was sat on a wall, tending to my bloody leg "where's Steve?" "Looking after Bailey..." "Avoiding me then?" He looked at me until I scratched my nose, forgetting I had blood on my hands "come on let's get you to a hospital" Danno rubbed my arm as I got into the car. We were both silent until I couldn't take it anymore "what's wrong with Steve?" "Nothing why?" "Because he's been texting someone, going out early in the morning, coming home late, and the sex...what sex? Danno is he seeing someone?" He stayed silent "my god he is isn't he...of course he is, I'm a horrible cow..." I put my head in my hands, Danno looked at me "come on, we're here, after you're sorted I'll buy you a coffee" "thanks...and im sorry for bleeding in your car" "it's you it's fine" he smiled before running round to my door and helping me out.

Danno drove me home "where's Steve?" "Becca get dressed" Danno looked at me "what?" "He's taking you out for a meal...get dressed" "but...-" "don't ask questions just-" "fine! What am I wearing?" Danno shrugged and waited downstairs for me, I walked Upstairs, and there laid on the bed was a dress, shoes and a note. I threw my gun on the bed and picked up the note

Hey Becs,
Sorry about the whole bitch thing, let me make it up to you, get dressed up and meet me at the Royal Oak at 9
I love you
Stevo

I looked at the dress on the bed, checked the time, it was only 6.30..."Danno make yourself at home!" Then I heard the fridge "already am!" I smiled as I stripped from my jogging clothes and went to have a shower, my leg wound stung like a bitch, i was thankful to get out, I perched on the end of the bed and contemplated just getting in and going to sleep, but the dress was so pretty, it'd be a shame to waste such a nice thing, with my hair wrapped up in a towel I slid the towel from my body and pulled on the new underwear, drying my hair, making myself smell nice and applying my makeup the only thing left to do was to pull the dress on and put on the shoes, the dress was a simple fitted dark blue dress, with thin straps and knee length, the one issue was the zip..."DANNO! Fancy helping!" It didn't take long for him to appear "what's wrong?" "Nothing...can you zip me up please?" I felt him fiddle with the zip at the base of my back and zip it all the way up, I stepped into my silver shoes and spun around "woah...." "Do I look okay? Not too much makeup?" "You look-" his phone began to ring "sorry it's Steve...YO were coming, she's ready....yep...five minutes...alright bye" "we need to go" Danno smiled as he gave me his hand to help me down the stairs.

We arrived at the Royal Oak, "Danno.." "Yeah?" "If he's cheating on me, why do all this?" "Go in and ask him yourself" I tutted loudly as he helped me out the car, and together we walked in, having a conversation in my head, how id give him what he deserved for cheating on me, I'd waltz up to him and go "Alex??!" I shrieked,  not quite what I had in mind for my opening sentence but what would you do if you walked into a bar, with people all looking at your boyfriend down on one knee, "my god you look....look absolutely stunning" he sniffed as he looked up at me smiling "Alex what are you doing?" "Well...we've known each other for 3 years now, and I think that you are the most spectacular woman I have ever laid eyes on, you can kick ass like it's nobody's business, and the best bit, you can kick ass in high heels and a dress if you had to and look sexy as hell doing it" the room erupted with laughter "Rebecca Harding....will you please do the honour of marrying me?" I caught sight of Danno holding Bailey who was dressed in a pretty little white dress, everyone looking at me, I looked down at my bare left hand, where the ring I'm sure would fit perfectly, I looked back up, my eyes filled with tears when someone caught my eye...Carter...