Chapter 3

I opened my eyes slowly, I wasn't in bed...I was still in the living room, I sat up and something moved I turned and Carter was fast asleep, his head was resting on the back of the sofa, I sat up slowly, trying my best not to disturb him, I got up and walked to the bathroom trying my best not to make the floor creak, as I was looking back to make sure he was still asleep I forgot I had the christmas decorations boxes down and I fell over it, which sent out ringing across the room "shit!" I shouted as I was flopped over this box "what's happened!?! You okay!? Becca!! Where are yo...oh...." He obviously found me "don't just stand there....help!!!!" I tried to pull myself up but I couldn't "Carter!!" I giggled but he was in his own little world giggling away I sighed and crawled forward pulling myself over the box. I jumped up quickly and faced him "thanks for ALL your help!!! For that you can help put up the tree!" I shifted the box over to him which had a tree (in bits) inside, "oh god I've got no make up on!!!" I hid behind my hands "Becca shut up" he came over and tried to move my hands away "Carter stop it!!" I pulled backwards but he managed to move my hands "see..you look stunning" he looked at me but I refused to look up I felt a hand go under my chin, and lift up my head, he stepped close to me, I felt his breath on my face "you, are stunning" he smiled at me, his hand still in place he moved closer to me...then my phone rang, we both moved back quickly....

*hey it's your mum, just making sure you're putting up your decorations today! we will be coming over soon* I just missed the phone but that was her voicemail she left...then someone knocked at the door, Carter opened it and I heard shrieks, I ran over and saw my mum standing there, Carter standing there "who's this sweetie?" She had a twinkle in her eye "I'm her partner" Carter looked at her confused. I hit him on the back "not that kind of parter...he he's my dentist assistant" I smiled "well...I think it's more than that, your hair, is all messy, you don't have any makeup on" "mum!!" "What sweetie?" "He's just an assistant" I assured her "with privileges" he wrapped his arm around me I elbowed his chest sending him backwards "ignore him, mum how can I help you?" "I've just brought you some new baubles, and I found this and I thought it was just you!" She handed over some nicely wrapped parcels "want to come in?" "Oh no sweet I just wanted to bring you over these, have you...have you heard from your brother?" I shook my head sadly "no, nothing yet" she nodded slowly and then smiled "I guess we'll hear soon" she smiled before walking back to her car.

"What was that!?" "What?!" He laughed "forget it, come on slacker...tree!" I pointed to the box which I fell over earlier. "Okay okay!" He walked over and began to set up the tree. I turned on some christmas music on the TV and saw in the reflection Carter bent over he had a rather nice bum, his jeans were tight...I turned around and looked with my head slanted to the side "are you Helping?" He spun around "ahhh!!! Erm yeah yeah, just finding some festive music" I flapped about finding the remote to turn the music up. "You okay Becca?" He smirked at me, "your cheeks are extremely pink" he stepped close to me, I looked up to him, I wasn't much shorter than him "I'm fine, just thought about something that was all" "you were checking me out, I'm cool with that" he smiled as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, "You are so the opposite of cool" I giggled "hot...you think I'm hot?!" he grinned "oh...shut...up!" I pulled A Santa hat over his eyes and walked away, as I walked last him he swung around and slapped my bum "OWW really!?" I jumped as I grabbed the top half of the tree and placed it in the bottom half.

We began to decorate wrapping the silver beads around the tree I followed him with the lights. We added all the baubles on it looked a picture, I had a star which my grandma gave me, it had a wire outline, which held in snowy glass, on the glass was wire pieces shaped into swirls, I made sure I looked after it every year, inside was a small light, I flicked the switch and it lit up I smiled to myself, I loved it with all my heart, I took it and walked over to the tree, and stood on my tiptoes trying my best to reach but I just couldn't, I wasn't tall enough, I stretched up my top coming up as I did when suddenly I felt two arms wrap around my waist and lift me up "whoa whoa whoa!!!!" I pulled up straight trying to see, Carter was stood there looking up at me "put....it...on...the...tree!!!" He struggled as he kept walking around trying not to drop me....my arse was a little too close to his face for my liking "fine...close your eyes!" I demanded "why?" "Will you just" "okay okay" he closed them and I leant forward and placed the star on the tree then looked in the mirror which was over the fireplace, he was checking out my bum! "I said close your eyes!!!" He jumped and stumbled backwards falling on his back he took me with him, I spun myself around and ended up laying on top of him, my arms either side of his head holding up the top half of my body, his hands holding my waist still....I moved the hair from my face "you okay?" I looked at his eyes, the blue pools..."uh huh" I nodded quickly...we stayed there a little while longer, I clicked back and got off him quickly he held out his hand and I pulled him up.

"The tree looks lovely" he smiled I nodded in agreement, "next one" I smiled he turned to face me "what?!" "I have two trees, that's the first one.." I pointed to another box "right!" He smiled "you start I'll get drinks" I skipped into the kitchen, "I grabbed a Santa hat from the side took the bobble from my hair and shook my head, sending my hair loose, sending the curls flowing down my back, I pulled on the Santa hat it sat nicely, I grabbed two bottles of beer and two mince pies, and walked into the room, "here" I handed him a plate and a bottle "aww cheers...." He looked at me "what?" I laughed nervously "n...nothing" he smiled as he held up his beer "merry christmas" he smiled "merry christmas".

The tree was up and time for the lights, Carter went In the box and pulled out a wire... This wire was followed by a ball of lights "I'm not untangling those" he looked at me "shake them" I looked at him, he did and all the lights untangled themselves "how'd....how.?" "I wrap them up like that so they don't get tangled" I shrugged as I plugged them in...as we were wrapping them around the tree my christmas song came on...more importantly my favourite line "you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot happy christmas your arse I pray god it's our last" I sang, forgetting Carter was on the other side of the tree, his head appeared from the side "that was heartfelt" he looked at me "that's the best line in the song ever!!" I giggled "not a bad singer" "oh please I hold a note, I can't sing" he smiled and went back to his baubles (not in a dirty way either) luckily he went before my cheeks burnt a bright pink, what was wrong with me?

The decorations were done, and I was tidying up when Michael Bublé came on the song with Shania Twain...I was swaying my bum and sweeping the floor and singing away, Carter grabbed me and started dancing "I'm..dreaming...of a white christmas" we both sang...the song finished and he let go of me...."I best be getting off" he smiled sadly he grabbed his keys and walked out the door, I made sure he got to his car, as I looked as the fresh snow, something cold...something extremely cold hit my chest, I gasped loudly and then saw Carter in hysterics I looked down, a snowball he had thrown had squished all over my chest, running down my top. "Ohh...my god" I picked the cold slush from my chest and walked over to him, I grabbed his shirt and shoved him in the snow which was about 2 foot deep. "Ahh shit, that's cold, that's so cold!" He gasped as he jumped up and shuck the snow off. He grabbed a snowball, but I ran inside too quickly before he managed to throw it, I heard the ball hit the door.

*4 hours later*

I was wrapped up, pair of leggings, lengthy grey top and my white boot slippers, drooling over Bon jovi in New Year's Eve when I heard a few knocks on my door it was 11.30 at night, I wasn't expecting anyone...I picked up my gun and walked over to the door, I looked through the small window...Carter was stood there I opened it and stood looking at him "hello?" "Expecting someone?" He pointed to my gun "erm no sorry..." I smiled and put it down, "what are you doing here?" "Can I stay with you? My apartment has been flooded and it's totally wrecked...I've got nowhere to stay" he pointed to the case he had behind him, "yeah sure!" I moved out of the way and let him come in... I got him a warm drink and sat him down "thanks....so much Becca" he smiled tiredly, "stay as long as you need, I'm going up to bed, you know where things are, you've been here enough times" I smiled as I stood up, Carter stood up too and grabbed me into a hug "thank you" he let go, smiled and sat down, I walked up the stairs and climbed into bed...