~ Chapter 32 ~

KENZIE P.O.V

One week later....

It's finally the day.

The day where I get my surgery.

The day that might be the last.

The day that I don't get to see my kids.

Even worse...

The day I don't get to see Johnny.

Right now, it's ten minutes before I get called for the surgery. Johnny is hugging me tightly.

"Don't be nervous babe. I'm here for you. Even.... Even if you don't-" John starts and I interrupt him.

"Johnny..... Don't say that... Don't you believe in me?" I ask him, and he cups my cheek.

"Kenz.... Of course I believe in you..." He says, kissing me. I kiss back and the doctor comes in and we immediately stop kissing and I blush. He coughs then looks at his notebook.

"Mrs. Orlando, it's time." He says and I nod.

I can do this Mackenzie Orlando.

Few hours later....

JOHN P.O.V

I sit worriedly outside of the surgery room then Maddie, Kenzie's sister calls me.

"Johnny! I heard my sister has leukemia! Is she okay? Is she in surgery right now?" Maddie asks a lot of questions, clearly flustered. I hear Kurt at the background asking more questions.

"Guys... Please calm down.... Maddie, she does have leukemia. She's fine. Yes, she's in the surgery room and she's been there for a couple of hours and Kurt, I'm sorry I didn't protect her... I was too busy beating people up and staying in jail. But she bailed me out!" I explain and tear up.

I hear the other line ends and I sigh. Kurt will take Kenzie away from me. I kids start crying but as soon as I was about to comfort them, Maddie and Kurt suddenly appears right in front of me.

"Hey lil bro in-law... Please don't cry..." Maddie says while she gives Xaria and Isaak to Kurt to comfort them. Maddie sits beside me and wipes my tears.

I go to Kurt then kneel down in front of him. Maddie and Kurt's eyes widened when they saw me do that.

"Kurt.... Please don't take Kenzie away from me please..... She's my soul... My best friend.... And I'm glad to have her as my wife... But please.... Don't take her away from me... I promise to take good care of her..." I say, tearing up more and my tears fall to the cold hospital ground.

"Oh for goodness same Johnny.. Get up." Maddie says, grabbing both my arms and pulling me up.

"We're not taking you away from Kenz. We just came cause we knew that you needed help with taking care of the kids and all that." She continues and I wipe my tears.

"R-really?" I ask them and Kurt nods. Kurt finally calmed down my two children then put them both back onto the stroller.

"Dad, let's take the kids out for some fresh air." Maddie says, leaving with Kurt and the kids. I turn around and see Kenzie on a wheelchair.

"So?" I ask the doctor.

TBC
Sorry if this is short! I just rlly wanna update y'all and all that shiz.
Love u all so much!

~ JC 🎀 🎀 ~