~ Chapter 26 ~

KENZIE P.O.V

I arrive at the house then get the extra key which was under the mat then unlock the door. I open it then run to the baby room then see that the kids were asleep.

"Thank god." I mutter to myself. I catch my breath then hear Lauren downstairs.

"Hello? Who's there?!" Lauren yells then I head down. She sees me then puts down the baseball bat to the ground.

"I missed you! How're you feeling?" She says, hugging me. I hug her back then explain everything.

~~~~~

"That son of a bitch. How dare he rape my best friend and sister in-law?!" She yells.

"Crap. Lauren I gotta go. Take care of the kids for me I love you bye!" I say before going outside. I lock the door then turn around to see Hayden.

"What happened?" I ask him, knowing what what I'm talking about.

"Well, I showed them the camera footage and they made the jail time lower. He now has jail time for a year since he assaulted Sage and punched him until he was unconscious." Hayden explains.

"Sage?" I ask him.

"He's now in jail for a total of two years." Hayden says while I sigh. Hayden slowly hugs me and I hug him back.

"The pain's gone Mackenzie. You can continue your life." He says into my hair.

"How about John? Can I bail him out?" I ask him, letting go of the hug.

"Well, of course." He says, beaming.

"Thank you for everything Hayden. But.... Why?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?" He asks me with a curious face.

"Well, why did you come to my rescue after kidnapping me?" I ask him, in detail.

"Because, after the Isaak thing, I realized that I wasn't doing the right thing. That's why I came back." He explains.

"Are you and Annie-" I was about to ask but then he nods.

"Yeah. We're working things out but we're still together." He explains and I nod.

"Wanna ride?" He asks and I nod. I hop in his car then he drives to the station.

~~~~~

I hop out then Hayden and I head to the visiting area and wait for John to come to the other side of the glass.

"I'm nervous...." I say to Hayden.

"Why?" He asks me, looking at the glass.

"Well, it's because what if John's disappointed in me that I didn't protect myself? All I ever wanted was for John and I to be happy. But I feel like I'm taking his happiness away from him. I feel like I'm a beacon that's attracting all of John's happiness away from him. I just make him hurt. I just make him sad." I explain then Hayden leaves suddenly. I turn back to the glass then see John, crying. I was crying too and I wipe my tears and he wipes his.