~ Chapter 28 ~

KENZIE P.O.V

"They told me John." I answered him after a long minute of silence.

"And you're not mad that I didn't tell you?" He whispers to me again.

"Johnny.... Why would I? I love you so fucking much. I would I be mad?" I asked him while I chuckled.

"I love you too...." He whispers again.

"Johnny..... Never ever keep anything to yourself again....." I mutter to him. And before I know it, his lips met mine. Gosh, I missed this feeling of his lips on mine. I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" He asks me suddenly.

"I'll wait until you get a bit better okay? You need rest after your few weeks in jail." I answer him, holding my tears.

"I still have to go back to that-" he starts but I cut his sentence.

"Johnny?" I say, feeling a guilty. He stops then looks at me with his emerald green eyes.

"Kenzie... What's wrong?" He asks me, worriedly.

"I... Mike.... We...." I say, starting to lose my breath.

"Kenzie...." He says, while I start to catch my breath.

"John..... Help..." I say, about to faint then I see darkness.

JOHN P.O.V

Shit. Kenzie is losing her breath. Her eyes starts to close then she slowly falls. I jump out of the bed then catch her. I put her on the hospital bed then I scream for someone to come in like a doctor or something.

"SOMEONE!!! HELP!! MY WIFE IS LOSING HER BREATH!!!" I say that a few times then a doctor barges in.

"Sir, please leave. We need some space." The doctor explains.

"Of course." I say, slowly going out of the room.

"What happened?" Mike says, helping me to the chairs outside the hospital room Kenz is in.

"She suddenly lost her breath....." I say, putting my hands through my hair.

"What happens if she's not okay? She's been worrying about me recently and she hasn't been conscious about her-" I mutter quickly then Mike stops me.

"Hey hey.... She's a fighter remember? Have faith in her." Mike says while patting my back.

"And she's your wife Johnny. You have to support her no matter what." He whispers into my ear. I lay my head on Mike's shoulder then the doctor comes in after a few minutes. I stand up then ask the doctor if Kenzie's okay.

"Well, she just had a huge panic attack. No worries, she's having a nap right now, resting. She had- never mind. I have another patient to attend to." The doctor says then runs to another room.

"What was that-" Mike was about to ask but I head inside the room before hearing the rest of his question.

I sit on the stool beside the bed then hold Kenzie's hand tightly.

"I have to leave now Johnny. Call me of she's awake. I have a client to attend to." Mike says.

"Wait." I say, letting go of Kenzie's hand and heading to Michael.

"Yes?" He whispers to me.

"What did you and Mackenzie do?" I ask him. It took him a while to answer but after a while he understood.

"Please don't get mad at me or Mackenzie cause this was for you own good. She wanted to bail you out so I did. You're in probation for six months though. You aren't allowed to be five feet in a crime scene or else it's jail time for you." He answered and my eyes go wide. I can't believe Kenzie did this.

"Thank you." I say, hugging Michael.

"I have to get going now." He says then leaves. I start sobbing to myself then hear the voice I thought I could ever hear again.

"Johnny...." Kenzie says, hugging me from behind and I wipe my tears.

TBC
Sorry for being inactive. Love y'all.

~ JC 🎀 🎀 ~