~ Chapter 14 ~

JOHN P.O.V

"John......" Kenzie says then she holds onto my hand tightly. With my free hand, I hold onto her stomach.

"Kenzie.... What's happening?" I say with tears flowing through my eyes.

"My mom........ " Kenzie says but I couldn't catch the last part. I lay her head on her pillow then call Doctor Jones, my personal doctor.

Few minutes later...

Doctor Jones finally arrived then shooed me out of Kenzie's room. I stay outside worried. I shouldn't have slapped her. I should've been understanding....

KENZIE P.O.V

A doctor looking lady comes into my room, shooing John out of the room. I start crying more because of what happened to my mom.

"Hello Mrs. Orlando. I'm Doctor Jones, but you can just call me Jones. Will you tell me what happened honey?" She says, checking the baby. I guess John told her I was pregnant.

"My mom..... She was in a terrible accident this morning." I say to Jones and she holds onto my hand.

"How did you find out?" She asks me and I pause for a second.

"I woke up five minutes ago then got a text from my sister, Maddie." I answer after what seems like ten minutes.

"I don't know if she's going to survive...... She's my only mom and Maddie says that she might not survive.... What do I do?" I ask Jones with my blurry vision due to my tears. She wipes my tears then answers,

"Well, the baby is fine and you should put faith in your mother. I believe she's a fighter and you should just calm down." Jones says, proving a point. I nod to her then she greets me goodbye then heads out to talk to John. I continue to cry.

JOHN P.O.V

Jones comes out then tells me what happened.

"Support her in every way you can Johnny. She needs emotional and physical support. Her mom and the baby are giving her way too much stress," Jones says while hugging me. She lets go after a few seconds then she leaves. I then head back to Kenzie, where she was sitting on her bed awkwardly, crying. I sit beside her then she scoots farther away.

"Leave me alone John......." Kenzie says in the most shakiest voice I've ever heard and it made my heart break.

"Kenz.... I'm sorry for hurting you earlier..... I didn't know what gotten into me....." I say, crying as well.

"So basically you just hurt me because you couldn't control your anger? Is that it John?! You know how much I have gotten through without a proper father. Without a supportive mother. I was always the "extra". I was always in Maddie's shadow." Kenzie says not looking at me.

"Kenz..... We'll go through the pain together. You have me now in your life Kenzie....." I say grabbing her hand. And this time she actually looks at me.

"John..... You don't know-" Kenzie says letting go of my hand. But I interrupt her with a kiss. She kisses back then I pull away. She punches me in the chest.

"Why did you that asshole? You're trying to brainwash me again right??" She says angrily then I hold her hand.

"I did it because I love you. Your my number one Mackenzie Frances Orlando," I say then she stops crying. She wipes her tears then hugs me.