↬ Labor and Delivery/ Part 2

Jaebum:

You sat on the bed with your legs propped up on a mini mountain of pillows to soothe the pressure in your lower thighs from staying in the same position for too long. It was approximately 5 hours later since you had been first registered into the maternity ward and your labor had progressed quite tremendously. You were currently waiting to be fully dilated before the nurses proceed to set the equipment up for Moonji's birth. Your husband sat behind you with both hands rubbing your shoulder blades in a slow motion and small smile on his face. 

''Y/N-ah, you're doing so well,'' Jaebum praised. ''it won't be long until you're fully dilated.'' You whipped your head around to look at him with raised eyebrows. ''What do you mean?'' You retorted. ''We've been here for nearly 5 hours!'' Jaebum nodded slowly and remained silent. He knew that he was supposed to be 'encouraging' and keep his calm composure, but seeing you struggling is really affecting him as well. You groaned as another wave of contraction coursed through your lower body, making you almost yell out in pain. 

''For god's sake,'' You complained. ''Please do something to stop the pain!'' 

Jaebum left the room for awhile, too bewildered with the emotions that he was currently experiencing. Besides, he would really appreciate some caffeine in his system before he collapsed from exhaustion. It was almost as tiring as catching up with a project due date, except, it's totally different. He's about to be an appa to a baby. His own baby. 

When Jaebum finally managed to return to your room with a coffee in hand, he was surprised to see a nurse stood outside the doorway with a clipboard in hand. 

''Is something wrong?'' He asked nervously. The nurse gave Jaebum a confused look before shaking her head slightly. ''We are not certain what was the cause, but Mrs. Y/N's water still haven't broken even though the labor has advanced beyond the normal stage. Mayhaps you can take her to walk around this floor to speed things up?'' The nurse informed Jaebum before leaving. 

''Jaebummie,'' You hissed as pressure begun to built between your legs. ''What took you so long?'' 

He looked at you worriedly before shaking his head promptly. ''I went to get a coffee,'' He stated. ''But don't worry, I'm here now.'' You were about to protest when a strong contraction had you froze in mid-sentence. ''Oh gosh,'' You hissed as the pressure increased, followed by a slight 'pop' and a gush of warm fluid that dripped onto the sheets. ''Looks like Moonji is coming.''

Jinyoung:

You sat up from your position on the bed, an irritated expression painted on your face. You were being so snappy for no reason, and the fact that Jiwoo still haven't moved 'down' yet so that you could start pushing was not improving your mood. 

''It hurts so much, Jinyoung.'' You huffed. He stared at you in disbelief. You were about to push a baby out of your body. What were you expecting anyways? He mumbled a short muffled response as you tightly squeezed his hand. ''This is terrible.'' You murmured against his sweater. ''I know,'' Jinyoung said softly. ''You're doing so well. I still can't believe you're doing this without an epidural.'' 

He peppers your face with small sweet kisses as you proceeded to complain for the umpteenth time in the last hour. As another agonizing contraction passed, you sat upright and sucked in your cheeks tightly. You turned around to look at him and took a shaky breathe. 

''Jinyoung-'' You stammered as you bit on your lip forcefully. ''Y/N?'' He asked, eyebrows furrowed as you shifted your position whilst shivering. ''What's wrong?'' You didn't know how to phrase your answer to him because it didn't make sense to you but you managed to point a trembling finger at your pale face and hoped that it was enough to get him to go contact a nurse.