↬ Interacting With The Baby

Jaebum:

You carefully poured the bitter brown liquid straight out of the coffee maker and placed it on the tray along with a plate of pancakes you had made. You had planned on cuddling with your husband the whole morning, but your daydream was thrown out the window when you woke up to an empty side of the bed. You had shuffled your slippers on and was about to check your phone for any text messages from Jaebum just in case he went out to run errands without notifying you, but soon heard the sound of a trash can falling on the ground. 

You balanced the tray gingerly on one hand and the other pushing firmly down on the doorknob. You stepped into his makeshift 'home' studio and found Jaebum facing his laptop with a pair of headphones. You watched as he tapped his fingers rhythmically on the desk and paused to scribble down notes onto his crumpled sheet of paper. 

You set down the tray of food on a nearby table and chuckled to yourself as you watched Jaebum's concentrated form. He was completely absorbed into his work and oblivious to you being in the room. You leaned over to see what he was doing and placed your head on his shoulder. Jaebum looked up from his work in surprise. 

''Hey princess,'' He laughed. ''why do you seem so excited? Is there something special going on today?'' You shook your head but pointed at the tray of food on the table. ''Were you planning on skipping breakfast? Cause I didn't see any dirty plates in the sink when I woke up and went to the kitchen.'' You questioned with an unimpressed stare. 

Jaebum frowned when he stole a quick glimpse of the time on his phone. ''I must have lost track,'' He sighed heavily. ''there's just so much work to be done but I have only a limited amount of time to complete this.'' 

You placed his hands gently on both sides of your belly and looked at him with adoring eyes. Right on cue, you felt tiny flutters emitting from your lower abdomen. As Jaebum felt Moonji softly kick inside you, all the pressure he was feeling merely minutes ago slipped away. Sure, he still had tons of work to do, but knowing his family would be by his side the entire time, he felt a burst of motivation spark inside him. ''Don't stress yourself out Jaebummie.'' You stated. He nodded and let you snuggle against his embrace. You sat on his lap, running your hands through his tangled hair while leaving small butterfly kisses down his neck. ''I love you so darn much Y/N.'' Jaebum murmured. ''Don't worry Prince Charming, I love you equally as much.''

Jinyoung:

You pressed the button on the wall and watched as the tiny hole in the bottom of the tub filled up with water. It had been quite a rough day at work and you were more than pleased to be at home. You dropped in a teaspoon of lavender essence oil into the water and lowered yourself into the tub. You wrapped a towel on your hair and another one around your hips. You reached over on the chair and pull out the waterproof body pillow you had specially prepared for this. 

It was an hour later when you heard the sound of the door opening and footsteps leading to your shared bedroom. Jinyoung had entered the oddly silent house with sweat dripping down his forehead. The dance instructors had been especially harsh with their critique in this fine day, and the amount of times they had to repeat the choreography because one member got it wrong was more than he could count. 

He plopped on the armchair in the corner with exhaustion and closed his eyes. Now that his mind wasn't in a jumbled mess, he finally realized that you haven't greeted him at the door when he came back. Jinyoung checked his phone, but found no messages from you except for the morning text before he left for practice. 

He was about to venture out into the streets to pick up some snacks from the convenience store when he heard the sound of the tap open and close. He cautiously pushed firmly down on the doorknob and was hit with a wave of humidity that misted his glasses.