↬ Insecurities

Jaebum:

You pull the shirt over your head and tossed it to the side in frustration. It had been a stressful week, and your husband had decided to bring you on a small 'date' to a newly opened Italian restaurant which you had agreed immediately. You were hungry and well, anything that looked edible sounds like a delight to you right now. You gritted your teeth in annoyance as you continued to dig through your neatly organized drawers and found absolutely nothing that would fit you. 

It was as if all your clothing shrunk in size, and every piece was trying to if not, suffocate you. You tried to zip your jeans, but it only went halfway. You tried to suck in your cheeks and supposedly make your stomach look not as bloated, but the weight only tightened around your hips tremendously. You had just wanted to dress nicely for once, and you couldn't because your body is too chubby for normal standards and your pre-pregnancy clothes won't fit you whatsoever. 

What if the paparazzi follow you on your date? It wasn't rare, and with male idols, it was more common. There were antis already criticizing on you and Jaebum's relationship, and now they were commenting on your appearance as well. 

''Why wouldn't this darn thing just zip up properly?'' You muttered under your breath. ''Y/N!'' A voice called from behind you. ''What is it this time?'' You asked, exasperated. ''I just wanted to know if you wanted to extend the-'' Jaebum paused abruptly when he noticed the messy piles of clothes on the floor. ''What happened here?'' He asked with a soft tone. ''Wardrobe malfunction. You could literally tell me that nothing fits in this closet and I would believe you immediately with no doubts.'' You complained. 

''It doesn't matter. You're still beautiful, you know that right?'' Jaebum cooed. ''Well, yeah, it does matter, because I can't go out in the streets in my pajamas, which is the only thing that fits me!'' You scoffed. ''Worst case scenario, we could go to the mall and pick you some adorable onesies out.'' Jaebum suggested. ''How can I go outside when I look like a freaking Beluga Whale?'' You whined. ''It's part of pregnancy, baby. You can't avoid it. It will eventually happen,'' He chuckled. ''and besides, you still look gorgeous. So don't you ever dare be insecure about your weight or appearance, yeah?'' Jaebum pecked you on the lips lightly and pulled back with a smile. ''And if you want, you can even wear my oversized sweater! I adore seeing you with sweater paws. It makes me want to attack you with cuddles.'' 

Jinyoung:

Your eyes widened in realization as you stared intently at the numbers on the scale. You haven't paid attention on the weight you had gained throughout your pregnancy, but looking back on your reflection now, all that extra fat around your thighs and arms were so prominent from a single glance at the mirror. 

You knew it probably didn't look as bad as you had thought it would, but still, you were upset. You had just taken a shower and had decided to use the old scale in the cabinet to weight yourself. Your husband had suggested for a walk in the park since the weather was bright and sunny outside, and you had eagerly agreed without much thought to it. The outfit you had picked out for this occasion seemed way too small for you now and you just simply want to stay home. It was too late now; you couldn't just make up a lame excuse for the sake of your insecurities. 

''Yah, how long are you going to take in the bathroom Y/N?'' Jinyoung's voice echoed from the opposite side of the door. ''Hold on-'' You hesitated. ''I'll come out when I'm done.'' You could hear a muffled snicker from Jinyoung through the door before he responded teasingly, ''What do you mean, 'when you're done' when you've been in the bathroom for over an hour?'' 

You rolled your eyes in defeat and picked up the small pile of clothing on the counter and exited the bathroom. Jinyoung peered down at you with a smug expression, but that look faded away once he noticed you still in your pajamas and holding the bundle of clothes in your arms.