↬ Third trimester issues

Jaebum:

You just took a shower; a towel hanging off your shoulders and one hand combing through your wet hair. You jumped back in surprise when your husband popped his head from behind the doorway, looking at you with adoring eyes. 

''I thought you were going back to the JYP building to assist the maknae line with the choreography?'' You asked, startled at his sudden reappearance. ''Jinyoung's got everything under control, he offered to practice with them.'' Jaebum shrugged, taking off his jacket and tossing it over the couch before leading you back to the living room. You settled on the couch, phone in hand and were ready to play your collection of adorable dog compilations to convince Jaebum that a dog was necessary in the house when a flash of pain was felt in your lower pelvis. You ignored it, not wanting to worry Jaebum nor scare yourself. 

It was several minutes after the series of pain had started and it didn't seem like it was going away anytime soon. ''This hurts-'' You muttered, hands rubbing your belly in a slow circle motion. Jaebum looked up from his laptop, eyes scanning you for any injuries but found none. ''What's wrong?'' He asked, kneeling beside you and taking your hands into his. You hesitated, not wanting to disturb Jaebum's work but found the pain difficult to hide. 

''My lower back, near my pelvis, and hips hurt.'' You whispered. Jaebum glanced at you thoughtfully before standing up, leaving you behind and returning seconds later with an armful of pillows. He gently slid the pillows under your hips and looked at you with a satisfied smile. ''Is that better?'' Jaebum inquired. You nodded, feeling the tension that had been in your hips and back the whole morning decrease drastically. Jaebum left again, this time returning with a heating pack in hand. 

''I read on the internet the other day that women in the third trimester has common back and hip pain which is why I went to the store to pick up some heating packs just in case,'' He chuckled. ''lay on your back, this should relieve some of the pain.'' 

You obliged without questions, immediately sighing with bliss as the heat was sensed under your sweater. ''This feels so good,'' You groaned. ''thank you, Jaebummie.'' He crouched down beside you so that you were facing him and kissed your lips lightly. ''How about we watch a movie? We haven't done a movie marathon in ages and it would take your mind off the pain as well.'' Jaebum suggested. Your eyes lit up in delight as you nodded. ''I'll get us each an ice cream too; and I know, you prefer the cookies and cream flavor instead of chocolate, am I right jagi?'' He laughed lightheartedly. You two spend the day cuddling up each other's arms, watching a movie and scooping ice cream into your mouths. You couldn't imagine not spending every single day without the love of your life.

Jinyoung:

You buried your face into your pillow, eyes scrunched up shut and lips pursed into a frown. The blankets had been stripped off from your side of the bed from the tossing and turning in discomfort the entire night. You had thought it would at least provide you with some source of comfort, since being stuck under a stuffy blanket in this hot weather weren't something you were looking forward to, but it hadn't and you haven't got any sleep last night. 

The body pillow you had ordered online 5 days ago wouldn't get here until a week later and you were certain that you were going to lose your mind if you don't get enough sleep. You haven't known that insomnia was going to affect you this much during the course of your pregnancy, especially now that your bump is getting in the way and you felt like a beluga whale most of the time. 

You sighed in frustration and flopped down, belly faced flat on the mattress. You lifted up your head, quietly taking your phone from the bedside table and switching it on. You were scrolling mindlessly through pages of informative websites, ones that were about labor, delivery and baby care. You knew that nothing would prepare yourself enough, both mentally and physically, but you were certain that any pain you were going to endure during labor would all be worth it for Jiwoo in the end.