↬ Labor and Delivery/ Part 1

Jaebum:

It was about an hour after you had been registered into the hospital's maternity ward when your contractions just completely went up a whole whopping 9.5 out of a scale of 10 in regards to your pain level. And to be honest, you couldn't even imagine what it would feel like when you were completely dilated and crowning. You could barely speak as each contraction wreaked havoc on the lower part of your body, leaving you partially numbed and partially exhausted. A sigh left your lips as a contraction had you breathless. 

''I know I said I wanted to try this with no medication but seriously, these darn contractions hurt.'' You grumbled. Your heard your husband chuckle behind you as you rested your head on his shoulder. ''I know, Y/N-ah,'' He murmured. ''Just relax and try to breathe through it. If you really want medication though, you know the option will always be there.'' 

You nodded and tried one of the various breathing techniques that were taught to you by one of the birthing classes you attended. Although the pain was still as agonizing as a few minutes ago, your insides felt light and dreamy-like as you focused on something other than the contractions you were experiencing. 

''Jaebummie,'' You mumbled into his shirt. ''I know it's so long ago, but do you remember our first date together?'' You asked him with a slight giggle despite the horrible contractions. ''Of course I would!'' Jaebum exclaimed. ''But why?'' You turned your head to look at him and a smile tugged at your lips. 

''Because those memories are my favorite, you silly goose. And besides, thinking about that makes these contractions a bit more bearable. It's the hormones, I swear.'' You kissed him on the cheeks. Jaebum tried to hide his blushing behind his sweater paws as to not ruin his 'chic and sexy' image that he often portrays in front of the camera, but in reality, you know he's just a shy bean that gets flustered very easily. 

''You used to buy me a bunch of chocolates every weekend when we met up in the café at Hongdae's fashion district after your monthly training evaluations, remember?'' You asked him with a smile. He nodded and let his head rest on your shoulder. Jaebum's eyes were literally sparkling with happiness as he cuddles you from behind the back. He draws soothing circles on your back as you two continued your conversation in a soft voice until he felt you nodding off in his embrace. ''I love you, Jaebummie~'' You said in a half asleep voice and a adorable pouty face that adorned your lips. ''I love you too.''

Jinyoung:

You lay down on your side with your head on your husband's lap and a grimace on your face. The pain wasn't the worst yet. But so far, it's been a pretty rough time for the lower part of your body. Not to mention, you were practically shaking even if you weren't causing any movement. Your emotions were conflicted as your contractions became more consistent and you grew more irritable. 

''Jinyoung,'' You groaned. ''If it wasn't you for impregnating me, then I wouldn't even be here and suffering from these darn contractions!'' 

Normally, Jinyoung would most definitely retort back with a sarcastic comment or something similar, but for some reason, he actually felt really guilty seeing you in pain and knowing that he couldn't do anything about it but comfort you. 

''Is there something you're initiating that I'm not getting?'' He asked in confusion. ''Do you want to hold my hand or something?'' You just groan at how oblivious your husband was being, so you settled for his last suggestion. 

Within minutes, Jinyoung was safe enough to say that he most definitely regretted bringing up that offer. You were squeezing his arm with unneeded force every time a contractions hits and he would literally yelp out in pain with you.

 ''What was that for?'' Jinyoung grumbled and rubbed his forearm as you accidentally squeezed it too hard, again. ''Blame yourself.'' You snickered. He rolled his eyes teasingly and suggested to do something else that would distract you from the pain.