They Gone

Josh and I have been without our girls for two days now. We have Alaïa though, so long story short, things have been a little hectic. Who leaves two grown men who act like children with a baby? Not anyone who thinks clearly that's for sure.

It's Friday and the girls get back tomorrow night, which means we have today and tomorrow to find the perfect ring for Debby. "Okay, the original plan was to take Alaïa with us but she's not feeling too well. I know that you need help, so Tatum is on her way to watch her." I held the phone to my ear.

"Ty, you didn't have to do that. I could've gone by myself."

"I know Josh, I know, but I want to help. Besides, the doctor said it's just an ear infection. I just don't want to drag her out all day." I clicked Alaïa's car seat in the car and walked around to the drives side.

"Alright, well I'm leaving the store now."

"We are headed home from the doctor, I'm going to let Jenna know that Alaïa is fine then we will be there shortly." I pulled my phone from my ear and sent Jenna a quick text. Alaïa started fussing again, "I know baby girl. I know you don't feel good." I tried to calm her down as I slowly pulled out of the parking lot. We made it home without anymore fussing because I started singing to her.

About the same time I got Alaïa inside, Tatum and Josh showed up. "Hey Tatum." I smiled and hugged the girl that walked in.

"Hey. How are you doing?"

"Good. What about yourself?" I asked as we made our way to the living room. I told her about when Alaïa needed to eat and her nap schedule.

"Zack will be coming over soon too with P, so take your time and have fun." Tatum smiled as she held the baby.

"Alright, thank you so much for this."

"Anytime, Ty." She shut and locked the door behind us.

Josh drove us to Jared's were we looked for about an hour, we didn't find the ring that Debby liked or one even similar. We went to the mall, into three different jewelry stores, and only found one that looked kinda like the one she liked. We told the people there to hold it for us, that we might be back for it.

"Hey, why don't we take an ice cream break?" I asked when we got back into the car. I could tell Josh was getting stressed out about it.

"Sounds good." We went to Cold Stone and sat inside while we ate.

"So I was thinking, what if we went to Purely and Zales next."

"I'm sorry. I just want to find the perfect ring, ya know?"

"Don't apologize. It makes perfect sense." My phone let off a quiet buzz so I picked it up.

Tatum: Alaïa's fever broke just so you know. She's laying in the floor playing with Zack.

Tyler: thank you so much. should be home in a couple hours, don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

"Who's that?" Josh asked.

"Tatum."

"How's Alaïa doing?"

"Good. Her fever finally broke." I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Oh good."

"Mhmm. You ready?" I noticed him take the last bite of his ice cream.

"Yeah. Are you?" He motioned towards my half eaten cup of cookie dough ice cream.

"Yeah."

"You sure?" He asked with a small tilt of his head.

"Yeah." I assured them got up, "Let's go find the perfect ring."
________