New Friend

"Okay, deep breaths." I whispered to myself. It hadn't been too long since Josh went in, I wanted to make sure I was totally okay. I took one more breath before opening the door.

"Tyler." Debby smiled, she had reached for the door handle at the same time I did.

"Leaving already?" I asked, slightly saddened that I didn't get to speak to her much.

"Oh, no. I think I just left my phone in Josh's car, I'm going to look to see if I can find it." I noticed that she was no longer in her dress and heels, but rather, a pair of my wife's leggings and one of the bands old t-shirt's, her hair was also now in a low ponytail.

"Oh, okay." I stepped out of the way, curving my lips to a smile. The door shut and I continued to the living room.

"Tyler, I'm so sorry." Jenna didn't move from the couch, but sat up a little when I came in. I walked over to her and sat down.

"It's okay. I understand that it's hard on you, my mental health effects you more than I think it does. I'll try to be more honest."

"I feel like that's how these conversations or arguments always end though, you trying to be more honest. Just do it, yeah?" She kissed my check.

"Yeah." I nodded, "I'm going to change, I'll be right back." I went and changed from my dressy clothes to more comfortable clothes, then returned to the living room.

Josh was sitting next to Debby, and Jenna remained in the same seat she was previously in, so I sat beside her. "So Jenna, you mentioned earlier that you were pregnant." Debby started, "How far along are you?"

"Four months or Sixteen weeks, however you prefer to say it."

"Aw, are you guys excited?"

"Yes, I can't wait for the next five months. I'm so ready. We also are going to see if we can find out the gender at the end of next week." Jenna smiled.

"I was going to ask if you guys were finding out the gender soon. That's so exciting."

"I'm ready, I'm excited, but I'm also nervous." Everyone laughed at my statement.

"I'm sure you'll be a great dad." Josh smiled at me.

"Let's hope so."
______ hours later

"Guys this has been so great," I smiled, "I should probably get her to bed though." I motioned towards Jenna who had fallen asleep beside me, curled up in a ball.

"Debby you can take my bed, I'll sleep in the couch." Josh offered.

"Or you can sleep in the bed with Jenna, I know she mentioned that earlier. If you do that I'll just sleep in the bed with Josh, then no one had to sleep on the couch." I picked up my wife's small frame.

"Guys I can sleep on the couch, I'm totally fine with that."

"No way, our guest isn't sleeping on the couch." I said before I left the room.

I laid Jenna down on the bed, she woke up a little, "I love you, Ty. Goodnight."

"Goodnight love. I think Debby might be sleeping in here with you. I'll either be in Josh's room or the living room."

"Okay." She rolled over and fell back asleep.

"I'll just sleep with Jenna since she's okay with it. Then everyone gets a bed." Debby smiled.

"Sounds good to me." Josh helped her up off the couch, pulling her into a hug. I smiled as I watched from the end of the hallway, I didn't want to interrupt their moment. When they parted ways, I walked into the room.