Double Date

"I'm going to pick up Debby. We will meet you guys at the restaurant." Josh waved at me before walking out the door.

"Jen? You about ready?"

"Yep." I walked back to the bedroom to find her slipping on her heels. "I'm going to hate myself for wearing heels. Do I look okay?"

"You look stunning." The dress she had on was black, it hugged her figure even more than usual because of her baby bump. Her hair, pulled up into a curled, messy, but well put together, bun. She wore little makeup, she has decided that it took to long and she didn't like having to spend so much time doing it, which made me happier. Her natural beauty was so much better than the makeup she put on.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Josh just took Jim out and decided to put him in his create downstairs, so we are good to go when you are ready."

"Great." She picked up her small purse, "Lets go."
______

"Okay, Josh said they just got here." I looked up from my phone to the entrance where our friend walked in with a girl who was slightly shorter than Jenna. She had long red hair that she wore down and curled. Her dress was similar to Jenna's, it hugged her figure and fell right above her knees.

Jenna and I both stood up to greet the girl, "Tyler, Jenna, this is Debby." Josh smiled.

"Hey, it's great to see you again, I think we had a few classes together in school." Jenna shook her hand.

"I think I remember that, Jenna Black, right?"

"Yes! Well, Joseph now." Jenna held up her ring, smiling at me.

"Aw." Debby grinned.

"Hi, I'm Tyler. Josh's best friend." Debby chuckled at my comment.

"It's great to meet you. I don't remember you from school."

"Yeah, I don't remember ever having classes with you." I agreed with her statement as we all sat down and began having casual conversation.

The waiter came over to get our drink and food orders, I got a bottle of wine for the table and we each got a water as well as our meals. Soon he returned with the bottle of red alcohol and poured some in each glass. "Oh, I'm okay, thank you though." Jenna stopped him before he poured her glass. He nodded politely and sat the bottle down.

"So Debby," Jenna turned to the girl, "What do you want to do with your future?"

"Well I would love to continue acting for a long time. I've been offered a lead roll in a show with Netflix, so I plan on taking that. I hope that will last a few years and I might do a few other shows or movies while I'm working with Netflix. Hopefully though, at some point, I'll be a stay at home mom for the most part. Start taking fewer rolls and just spend time with family."

"That's an amazing plan. Sounds pretty similar to what I wanted to do, minus acting. I actually wanted to have a cooking show since I was younger."

"You like cooking?" Debby and Jenna kept up the conversation, I think at some point Josh joined in, but I stayed quiet, not really thinking about anything, but staying zoned out.

Our food came and the conversation died down as we all ate. I pushed the food around my plate, occasionally taking a small bite, earning a disapproving frown from Josh. I shrugged it off.

"Here is the bill." The waiter sat down the small black folder that held the paper. Josh and I reached for it at the same time, but I beat him to it by a second.

"Ha." I smirked, I pulled out my wallet and put the appropriate amount of cash in it as well as a decent tip.

"Well I suppose we should head out." Josh looked to Debby, "Especially is we are going to get ice cream so that I can get you home before midnight." Debby smiled at him kindly, letting out a small laugh.