13. Joongie is Something Else

SeongHwa POV

I climb out of the car and open the back door. I smile and unbuckle my baby. I scoop him up with KoJi, carrying him. Unlocking the door, we go in and I take him upstairs. I pull the blanket back to my bed, tucking the red head in. I head back downstairs and get everything out of the car. I walk in, closing it behind me.

I carry the stuff into my room and set it down. When I look up, I see he is awake and wiggling around. He somehow got from under the blanket and is on his back with his feet kicked up in the air. He is smiling so wide and looks so care free. I softly close the door and stand there, watching him. He continues to kick his feet as he looks up at them in confusion.

One time, he kicks to hard and he almost flips when his legs fall down over his head. He lets out a soft whine and turns over. He peeks over the edge of the bed and at the floor. He stares at it before falling back onto the bed, giggling. I walk over to him and smile down at him.

"'ppa!"He squeals and crawls over to me. I lift him up into my lap and he smiles up at me. He leans in and nuzzles into my chest. I smile down at him and rub his head. I sit back and close my eyes as we cuddle.

My eyes snap open. I look down at Joong to see him chewing on my shirt. I felt my shirt getting wet.

"Baby, let appa's shirt go please?" I whisper, attempting to coax it out of his mouth. He makes a face and shakes his head no, still holding tight to the material. I scoop him up and walk over to the stuff we just got.

"Baby, look at this! I got this cool toy you can chew on!" I say, holding out to him. He looks at it before taking it into his hands. He still holds my shirt in both his mouth and hand. He looks at it before going to chew on it.

With my shirt.

I slowly pull it out of his hands and he grips onto the toy with both hands. He gnaws at the corner. When he opens his mouth to chew again, I quickly pull it out.

Without him noticing.

I smile and lay him on the bed. I grab a mat I just got and lay it out. I lay him down on it so he can play around safely. I place a few toys with him and make sure he is good. I begin taking everything out and setting up our room. I pull out a soft foldable playpen and set it up. Once I do, I lay a bunch of blankets in it so the bottom is nice and soft in case he falls in it. I gently pick him up and place him in it with his toys. He smiles up at me before going back to work with his little phone.

 He smiles up at me before going back to work with his little phone

I smile and go back to setting everything up. Once I finish, I turn to HongJoong and see him sleeping on his tummy with KoJi loosely clutched in his hand and the phone in his mouth. I smile and walk over to him. I gently pick him up by under his arms and bring him into my arms with his head resting on my shoulder. I grab a onesie and change him quickly into it. I carry him to a easy set up crib and lay him in it. I cover him with the blanket. I take the phone from his mouth and set it next to him. I grab his favorite paci, slipping it in his mouth. I clip the end to his pyjamas and smile.

HongJoong POV

I wake up to soft humming. I yawn and stretch slowly, wiggling my body. I open my eyes and see bars all around me. I pout and turn myself onto my butt. I look around and see Appa at his desk. I grab the bars and giggle. When he looks up, he smiles, putting the book he was reading down. He reaches over the bars and picks me up under my arms. I nuzzle into him, looking up at him.

"Baba?" I whimper. He carries me to the desk and pulls out a bottle from a box. My eyes light up when I see the light pink liquid in it. Stwawbewwy!!!!! I grab at the bottle eagerly. He smiles and sits down with me in his lap. I whine and keep grabbing at the bottle.

'Joongie nweed da bowwle!!!'

He brings it to my lips and eager drink it. He pulls it away and I whine.

"Slow down baby, you are going to get a tummy ache if you don't." He explains softly. He brings it to my lips again and I drink it a bit slower. Once the bottle is empty, he sets it back down on the table and carries me over to a big play area. He sets me in.

'Nuuuuuuu!!!'

He walks back over and picks up his book again. I stare at him for a minute before a tear falls down my cheek. I clumsily rub it away. I whimper and stare at my hands balled into tiny fists.

"Baby, what is wrong?" I hear him ask. I don't look at him. He walks over and crouched down next to me. I look at him through the mesh siding. I whine and cross my arms.

"Tell appa what is wrong baby so I can help." He asks softly. I pout more and slap the empty spot on the floor in front of me. He looks confused so I whine and slap it again. I keep slapping and pointing at the spot. Tears begin falling down my face.

"Baby, is something wrong right there?" He asks, looking closely at the floor. I whine and slap it again. I ball my fists and rub my eyes to get the tears away.

He climbs in and crouched down next to me. He looks at the spot. I smile and lean against him.

"Baby, I don't see anything there." He says, standing up. He goes to get out before I pull on his hand. He looks down at me and crouched back down. I push him softly down and him one of my new stuffies. I climb in his lap with KoJi and smile.

"Ahhh, baby, why didn't you just tell me you wanted me to come play with you?" He asks, smiling at the little Koala plush in his hands. I look at him.

'Wah?'

He rubs my head. As his hand comes down, I grab it and stare at its size.

"Joongie, how old are you baby?" He asks. I look up at him, tilting my head.

'Owd? Huh?'

He smiles down at me. He lifts me up and steps outside of the pin. He lays a towel down on the bed and lays me on top of it. He walks away for a minute. I whine.

'pppaaaa!!!! Nu weave babu!!!!'

He comes back and kisses my nose.

"I just had to grab something baby, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." He explains. He slips my phone back in my hands and I quickly chew on it. He unbuttoned the bottom of my onesie and I whine. He smiles up at me and kisses my nose again. I smile goofily at him. He pulls my undies off and slips something under me. He puts something on it and pulls it over me. He does something to it and closes my onesie. He sits me up.

'Dipie? Feel goo'!!!'

He carries me back over to my pin and climbs in with me, playing with me and my toys.