Chapter Fifty Nine.

I know it's been long since I last updated and am really very sorry to make you wait.
Am glad to have gotten readers who are patient with me.
This year had been very rough in my life for my family, that's why I hardly used to get time to update.
But as the year ends I hope it takes away all the sorrows and pain with it.
And the new year to bring lots of happiness and good luck with it.

Now the book We Were Meant to be is almost coming to an end.
Only one more chapter to go..
I thank all the people that were constant from starting in my journey with Zayd and Anya.
I also thank people who came afterwards and joined the journey as a family.
I would've never thought that the book will reach to a point with more than 13k views.
But am just happy and thankful to Wattpad for giving writers like us a platform to showcase our raw work.
It's not about who is learned or knows the language.
You just write down your thoughts and people who are good at heart will always be there to rectify your mistakes and sharpen your skills.

After finishing this I will be continuing the book Atiya.
Hope just like the way you supported me in here... You'll equally support me there as well.

Love
Shabz_Sam❤️

Zayd's P.O.V.

Manav and I had almost reached half-way.
And the call was still not going through.
We had to call Manav's boss to come near the tree house to collect his stuff so no one in the house would panic.

"We don't have any other option," spoke Manav.
"I agree, we need to reach back to the venue before your boss does," I replied.

۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝

Meanwhile at the venue.

Anya's P.O.V.

Zayd and Manav had already left.
Aisha came towards me asking," you got the tissues I sent through Zayd?" She then winked at me.
I shyed a little and said,"yeah thanks."
"She nudged my shoulder and said," what are sister-in-law for."
I side hugged her as we both headed towards the guests.

"She is my daughter-in-law Anya Shaikh," Ammi said it proudly to her friends while coming towards me.
I greeted her with salaam and then greeted her friends too by kissing their back side of the palms.
Her friends held a face of shock and then mask it away with a smile.
And started talking with Ammi.
Probably shocked that why Ammi allowed Hindu girl as her daughter-in-law.

I zoned out of their conversation and just prayed that they are able to give manav's boss on time.

"What are you thinking?" I got startled and looked around to find that am standing alone, away from Ammi and her friend.
I then looked beside to find the person who asked me that.
"Arjun!" I muttered.
He smiled and said," finally religiously married to your enemy eh?" I smiled nodding.
"Finally."
"What's wrong? You should be happy not standing alone completely zoned out," He asked.
I closed my eyes taking a deep breath and opened them to smile at Arjun," nothing I can't handle."

He held me on my shoulders with both his hands and said," you do consider me your friend yeah? Then tell me."
I removed his hand from my shoulders denying.
"Is it Zayd? He said something? Tell me Anya."

"It's not Zayd, it will never be Zayd. You know how much he loves me. It's something else." I replied.
Zayd can never hurt me, not even unintentionally.
He loves me more than anything.
"Then? Is it the guy I saw you with today?" He asked.

Without much ado, I looked at him shocked and confused at the same time.
"Which guy?"
" I don't know but I saw him coming with you to the venue, Aisha said he is your friend but if he is your school friend then why don't I know him?"

"Listen Arjun, you are over thinking, nothing is wrong just that marriage scares me a little, makes me nervous of all the responsibilities, I grew up with only my mum so coming to a family of more than 2 is what scaring me. Plus you know being the only child, I never used to do any house chores and here? It's all my responsibility." It wasn't a lie, but it wasnt the truth as well.

I couldn't tell anyone about Manav.

"I know this isn't what it's bothering you but If you don't trust me enough then I understand, as for the amount of people in a family? That shouldn't worry you cause you are a charmer, people fall for you no matter what."
I smiled thanking him for letting me be and hugged him.
"I love you Arjun, thanks for always being there for me." He hugged me back saying," I know and I love you too Anya. I promise no matter what, I'll always protect you."

"What about me guys?" Aisha spoke.
We took her in, in our hug and we were just finishing the hug when suddenly there was gun shot heard.
And the first thing that came out of my mouth was," He is here."
Aisha and Arjun both asked me, confusion on their brows evident," who is here?"

I thought that Zayd and Manav might have called his boss near the tree house, but then what are they doing here?