Chapter Thirty Seven.

Zayd's P.O.V.

A cold breeze passed through reminding me that it was the last day of May. A small chill ran down my spine somehow warning me of the upcoming encounter.

A single water droplet fell on the windshield, making my attention to wander up the clouds.
A grey cloud hovered just above our car.

Aisha joked,"looks like , even Allah is angry with your behaviour."
I bet on her shoulder lightly later receiving a glare from her.

Upon reaching our driveway, I started feeling uneasy, my heart beating fast, Aisha patted my shoulder muttering,"whatever happens, happens for the better."

I have a feeling she knows what am going to face inside.
She opened the door entering with greetings,"Assalam aleikum everyone."

But the voice that replied her made me stop just at the door-way.
"Waleikum Salam Aisha."

That's impossible, I thought dad had already forgotten about it.

"Noor!" Exclaimed Aisha, running towards Noor and hugging her.

Noor...
Noor.. My going to be wife.
The wife my father and my mum always wanted for me.
Someone who is a Muslim, doesn't wear short clothes, covers her hair infront of people.
And here I am falling for the exact opposite, someone who is Hindu, wears short clothes all the time and someone who doesn't even know how to wrap a scarf on head.
I fell for someone my parents would never prefer. And more? I married Anya villagiously.

After greeting Aisha, Noor then came towards me and muttered," Assalam aleikum Zayd."
Without looking at her I muttered,"Waleikum Salam." And rushed upstairs towards my room.
I heard my dad calling my name but I acted as if I didn't hear him.

All I wanted to do right now is be with Anya and no one else.
I love her.
I can't live without her.
It's like she is the air I breath.
The floor I stand on.
If I am the bird then she is my wings.
There is no Zayd without Anya.

Anya's P.O.V.

Why?
Why did she do it?

"How could you this mum?" I asked my voice shaking, I couldn't believe the fact that my mum just revealed.

"I had to, I had no other option, I couldn't let anyone take you away from me, just for you I didn't had my own child, I didn't even get married just for you... you know?" She spoke.
She was also crying.

"Mum... you know that..whatever you did was wrong yeah?"
She nodded ,"but please Anya forgive me."
I shook my head,"even if i forgive but you still have to surrender yourself mum, I won't be able to live with a guilt of knowing that you hurt my family, most? You hurt me!"

After a few breaths and sobs I continued,"i always considered you my idol."
And that's when she broke, her sobs became louder and she came near me, holding my hands and crying loudly with her head bowed.
"I didn't mean to kill her, I just wanted her to lose consciousness, I didn't know that a glass bottle banged on her head will kill her."

"You hit her on her head with a glass bottle?" I asked.
She nodded.
I just up from the sofa and said,"i will just go to my room."
"Please Anya... please forgive me," my mum kept on pleading but I didn't pay heed and entered my room shutting it lock in process.

Right now I have so many questions running in my mind and I need the answers to it.
I have to meet Zayd.
Am sure he will be able to answer and help me.
A glass bottle cannot make my sis to lose her life.
There something to this case.
Something am missing to put it together to one and one.
I entered the bathroom to freshen up and decided to go Zayd after being fresh.

*****

Its been almost three minutes since I knocked, but no one had still opened.
I contemplated whether I should call Zayd or not.
I was just fumbling with my phone when the door burst opened by a girl I didn't recognised.

She beamed with a smile at me asking,"yes? Whom do you want to meet?"
Unsure of myself, I turned around to check the neighbour-hood and after confirming that am at the right place I looked at her again and answered,"Zayd, umm.. is he home?"
Her smile faltered a little nevertheless she welcomed me inside telling,"Yah,  come in!"

As she guided me till the living room she asked,"what should I tell? Who is waiting?"
I told her my name as she rushed up the stairs towards Zayd's room.
I sat on the sofa nervously

I then saw Zayd descending the stairs.
I stood and hurriedly went towards him, instantly hugging him.
He hugged me back but lightly.
I then spoke looking at him,"i wanted to tell you something."

He nodded and said,"even i wanted to tell you something."
I smiled and muttered, "you say first."
He then looked at that girl and spoke,"Noor? This is Anya and Anya this is Noor..my..my going to be wife."

My smile faltered at that confession,
"W...wi..wife?"
Noor smiled at me holding Zayd's hand saying,"you also wanted to tell something?"
I nodded asking,"why?"
"Why?"Noor asked confusingly as to what type of question was that which I asked.

I looked at Zayd, he was just staring into my eyes, I raised my brows waiting for my answer and that's when he looked at something behind me..or should I  rather say someone behind me.
I turned to see Zayd's parents.
Her mum's eyes got widen seeing me and asked,"Zayd! What is this girl doing here?"
She then came towards us and pointing fingers at Zayd she said,"you promised that you'll make her go away from your life."
He looked at me, his face not showing any expressions at all.
"Yes mum, I know that i promised...you don't have to remind me every now and then."
"Dont worry aunt, his promise will be fulfilled,"i spoke heading towards the exit of the house.

I exited his house with a tear stained on my cheek,all I wanted to tell him is all bout the confessions my mum made, I wanted his help to make my mum realise her mistake and to help her not suffer as well.
She may have been selfish at first for keeping me to her but she will always be my mum to me.

I heard my name being called out, I turned around to see Noor running towards me,catching up her breath she said,"i just came to tell you that this not how you tie a head scarf."
I touched the fabric that covered almost all of my hair.
She smiled speaking all again, "i figured this must be your first time experimenting with the new styles of hijabs yeah?"
I just nodded instead of actually paying any heed.

She then set for me the scarf that i tried wearing for Zayd because he once told me that his father wanted someone pious and religious for him.
After setting my scarf she raised her hand for a hand-shake and said,"we can be great friends."
I smiled not even shaking her hand in return and started walking away from Zayd's home.

Actually started walking away from Zayd's life forever.