Chapter Fourty

Zayd's P.O.V.

I told my dad and Aisha about the villagiously marriage of Anya and mine.

My dad was not in the state of believing in this type of marriage at all.
Cause he believes that marriage is only accepted if it has the consent of the bride and the groom as well.
And in our marriage, none of us knew that we were getting married.
And consent? We hated each other.

I didn't want to accept that the marriage is fake.
To me it is important and real.

"I don't mind remarrying Anya," i spoke without any fear whether she is of different religion or the girl my parents dislikes.
"What about Noor?" Asked Aisha.

I looked at my dad for his response when Noor spoke," i would never want to marry someone who doesn't love me."
I looked at my dad seeing him confused.

"But you will have to promise something," he spoke as usual breaking the ice with hammer rather than melting it.
"Promise? What?" I asked.

He stood up coming towards me and said,"promise that she will change her religion and etiquettes."

What? That was his promise?

"Am sorry dad, I can't promise that cause I love her the way she is, plus religion? Dad she is a Muslim, her father was a Muslim although she grew in the ambience of a Hindu but I can't force her to be someone she has not grown up to be."

"Bhai! How can you talk to dad like this?" Shouted Aisha.
I lowered my head, a tear rolling down my cheek I muttered,"Dad please accept her the way she is, am sure she will gradually accept our ways but please give her time and don't force her."
I looked at my dad and saw that he was still not in any position of showing what he is feeling right now, his face was blank with no expressions at all.

Noor came to stand beside me, holding my dad's hand she spoke," just accept his love, even we didn't know anything about our religion and it's manners but our parents gave us time right? Our parents raised us teaching everything slowly, the same way give Anya time."
My dad nodded his head telling, " bring Anya home tomorrow."

The inner me jumped in excitement while the outer me was laughing like a fool showing all his pearly white teeths.
In excitement I was almost to hug my dad but he raised his hand to stop me and left from there.

Even though he agreed to my relationship with Anya, he has not accepted it yet.
I too left the room to get ready to go to Anya's house right now.
I have to share this news to her as soon as possible.

****

I was just rummaging through my cupboard when Aisha asked,"what are you doing?"

I turned to give her a glance, standing at my door hands akimbo.
"Are you that dumb Aisha? Can't you see am looking for my clothes?"

"Am not dumb like you ok? I can see what you are doing but why are you looking for your clothes at midnight?"

"What's with you? Why are you not at your husband's place? For once I thought that after your marriage atleast I will have my peace of mind with you away from me but no! You still have to come home and peek inside my room to see what am doing."

She huffed in anger, her hands now joined together infront of her chest," wear black it suits you."
I raised an eye-brow at her as she said,"what? Even though you are very irritating, a pain in my neck type of brother always insulting, messing around with me but no matter what I love you and I know that you love me too."
I smiled at her taking the black shirt she suggested but stopped when she continued,"although you might not love me as much as you love Anya."

I smiled more shaking my head at her jealousy.
Reaching toward her, I kissed her forehead hugging her I spoke,"i can never love Anya more than I love you. Plus you are the one to be blamed."

"Me? Blamed for what?"
"For making me fall for Anya, I mean I do agree that little bit crush was there but to let the crush blossom was all your fault."
"My fault? Are you freaking serious? I, Aisha Shaikh I mean now am Aisha Arjun but that's not important, the main thing is what did I do to make you fall for Anya?"

I smiled remembering that incident.
"If it was not for keeping Arjun away from Anya then all this wouldn't have happened."
"Keeping Arjun away from Anya? What do you mean to say?"

I rolled my eyes saying,"you remember that day when I saw you crying in your room like a little child?"
"I don't cry like a child okay?" She stated.
"Okay you don't now should i continue telling or I leave it?"

"Wait! Can i come in?" She asked.
I totally forgot that we were talking while standing at my bedroom door.

"Ohho! Etiquettes and all? When have you ever asked that you are asking now? You always barge inside my room."
"Its my right okay? Am your sister." Aisha said heading towards my bed.
"Yeah right sister! A sister i wish i never had."
"You will regret saying that bhai," i made a face at her and said,"listen can I tell you later?"
"Why Zayd?"
"Umm.. I gotta go somewhere right now."
"Right now?!" She exclaimed.

Rubbing the back of the neck I nodded.
"Where are you going bhai?"
"Why are you asking?"
She folded her hands and spoke with a stern voice trying her best time scare me,"Because am your sister."
"But am elder than you so younger sister cannot ask their elder brother about their whereabouts."

"Well here there is no such thing as being elder or being younger. All i know that a sister is asking her brother something and it is a brother's duty to answer his sister."
I huffed and said,"you know you are ziddi (adamant) like dad yeah?"

She nodded smiling," i know and am proud of being ziddi (adamant) now answer."
"I am going to Anya."

"Anya? At this time? It's not  appropriate bhai," she stated.
As if i don't know.

"Listen it's not my first time going there at this time okay? So don't freak out and just lemme go."

"Not that easily."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Until you tell me that how i was the reason behind your love for Anya, i mean keeping Arjun away from Anya and all.. so you have to tell me."

"Listen it will take time telling you all about it, how about next time?" I asked Aisha hoping she would agree.

"How about a no?" She teased.
I sighed and said,"okay so listen."

"Then other day when you were crying inside your room and I saw you, you were crying because it was Sunday, Anya's and Arjun's tradition day."
"Wait so you couldn't see me crying? That's so cute bhai."

"Shut up, even though i can make you cry sometimes but i wouldn't want you to cry because of some stupid boy-" "hey ," she interrupted" respect okay? He is now my husband."

I nodded joking,"how unfortunate of him."
She bet my shoulder telling me to continue with the story.

"Well so after seeing you cry, I decided of a plan that was probably to warn Anya but it seemed that it didn't work and guess what? The next day she came up with a plan telling me to help her look for a fake boyfriend till your marriage."

"After so many attempts, she got one."
"That was you?" She asked.
I denied telling,"i became her fake boyfriend out of jealousy."
"Jealousy?"
I nodded,"yeah, I couldn't see her with someone-else, I mean the crush was all ready there and then-"
"Its fine i got it from here, the whole story is as clear as water."

"You gotta go," spoke Aisha.
I smiled kissing her forehead once more.
Am thankful that Arjun fell for Aisha and not Anya.