Chapter Thirty Three

Anya's P.O.V.

"Mom, why is dad never with us?"

"Mom, we don't have his photo either."

"Mom, it's father's day, I want to meet him."

But the only answer I ever got was "He is busy with his work, honey."

I always used to question myself,
Was his job more important than me?

I looked at Zayd, my eyes teary.
All this time, my life had been a deceit.
I can't believe that all that time the woman whom I considered my mom was not my mom but instead is my aunt?
I had family but my aunt choose to keep me away from it, why?

Aliza! My elder sis!
I always wanted a sibling, I always felt a little jealous of Aisha and Zayd's relationship.
I gulped hard, trying to digest the truth and looked at Zayd once more.
All this time, he knew.

"Why?" I asked.
He lowered his eyes and spoke,"Before it was not my say."
"But.. but you knew," i stated.
He nodded and muttered,"sorry Coeur, but I wanted you to know it from your aunt. There might have been a reason why she hid it from you."

"Then why now? Why telling me everything now?"
"Because I love you, and I can't let you suffer inside because of how my father treats you while you are never at fault."

Another tear escaped my eye, he whispered,"please don't cry,it hurts me seeing you cry Coeur."
I saw his expression was of pain as if he is feeling my pain.
I held his hand and said,"i hope the reason for hiding the truth is worth it."
"If you do like, we can go to her," he spoke.
I closed my eyes for a few seconds before opening them back and muttered,"No, I still want to stay here for a little longer."

He kissed my forehead and said,"your wish is my command Coeur."
I smiled at his failed attempt to be a genie.

"It was not one-sided,"i stated.
"Huh?"
"You and Aliza."
He nodded,"But she was with Arjun, and he was my best friend at that time."

"Do you have her photo?"I asked.
"Umm I don't think so why do you ask?"
"I wanted to see her,"i pouted.
He stood pulling me up with him and said,"i know where I can find her photo, let's go."

Excitedly I asked,"really?"
He nodded and i hugged him tightly muttering,"thankyou."

He looked at me and said,"anything for you Coeur."
I smiled and pecked him on his lips, but he didn't let me peck instead he pulled me closer to him and kissed me.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"College? Why have we come here?" I asked.

He looked out of his window and said,"i hope we can get her photo from here."
"How will we get?" I asked again.
"We have to sneak in the office where the files are stored,"he simply answered.

"Sneak? Are you serious?" I exclaimed.
I am not the girl who would sneak, or break any kind of rule.
Even though it's been two years since I finished college but still I will always remain the good student.

We both came out of the car and started walking towards the entrance of the college.
It was literally me running after Zayd.

The good thing was, no one was present in the college other than the watchman.

"Where are you going?" The watchman asked us.
I looked at Zayd while he answered," you see my girlfriend here? She wanted to come here, it was one of her wish..let's say one of her last wish."

"Last wish?" The watchman and I both said in unison.
Zayd squinted his eyes at me and the looked at the watchman and said,"yes last wish, she is on her last stage of cancer, and this is where we met, fell in love, she wants to remember all those moments, and I want to fulfil all her wishes, please let her live by letting us in."

The watchman looked at me and then looked at Zayd and said,"okay but only for half an hour."
Zayd smiled and hugged the watchman muttering,"thankyou..thankyou..thankyou."
He then held my hand and ran inside pulling me with him.

We made a stop outside the principal's office.
"Zayd it's locked," i stated.
"And i have the key,"he replied.

"Key? Where is it?" I asked.
He pointed at the corner top of the office and said,"you see that window there?"
"Yeah."
"That's where the key is."

"That's impossible, it's far and our principal is short, there is no way he would be able to put the key there."I spoke.

"The principal doesn't even know that the copy of the key is kept there." He stated.
"What?"
He nodded and said,"i am the one who kept it, once the principal had given me his office keys to lock it since he had forgotten to do that himself."

"Oh that was a bad decision he ever made," i joked.
Zayd smiled and said,"But i agree he did made a bad decision of his life, and being the bad boy I was back then i copied the key."

"And you think the key will still be there?"I raised my brows.
He smirked and said,"just see for yourself."
"I won't reach and neither would you, how did you even keep it at first place?"

"Arjun had helped me, and thats another long story, and to answer you, I will carry you and you will take the keys, okay?"
"Do I have a choice?" I asked.
He shook his head in denial.

He carried me and I extended my hand to reach for the key.
"Did you get the key?" He asked.
"No, you have to carry me a little higher," i replied.

He pulled me up higher and i got the key.
"I got it! I got it!" I whisper-yelled.
He put me down and said,"Coeur, you need to diet."

"Why?" I asked.
"Why? Damn! You are heavy."
I eyed at him and opened the office.