Chapter Thirty Eight.

Zayd's P.O.V.

Damn!
Seeing her tears, it hurt me.
I can't believe she wore headscarf on just for me?
I wonder why my parents can't accept her whereas Anya is trying all her best to fit in.

I know that for the first time, she wore indian clothes, with full sleeves and scarf on her head.
It hurt me to see her hurt while I was the only one who hurt her.

She left with tear slipping from her eyes, my mom looked at me with fury in her eyes.
Noor followed Anya outside for I don't know which reason.
"You don't have to follow," my dad warned.
I nodded heading to my room.

I watched Anya walking down the street, every now and then wiping her cheeks until she disappeared in the corner.
My bedroom door clicked and I turned to see Noor standing asking permission to enter with her eyes.
I nodded.

But she stood still, fidgeting with her fingers.
Sitting on my bed I said,"just ask what it is."
She entered my room, adjusting her scarf and spoke,"wh..who is Anya to you?"

I raised my head to look at her and gulped figuring what to answer.
Should I tell her the truth?

I passed my hand through my hair and spoke,"she.. she is my ex-enemy."
"Whaaat?" She laughed "ex-enemy? Is that even a word?"
She sat on my bed beside me and said,"so? You gonna tell me the story or I have to try hard?"
I raised my eye-brows in confusion and asked,"story? Which story?"

She rolled her eyes and muttered,"stop being a goof, obviously your's and Anya's story."
I smiled at her and said,"there is no story."
She scrunched up her face asking,"why?"
"Story is something that has an ending whereas mine and Anya's story has no ending."
"Maybe it's not yet an ending,"she spoke smiling.

"I hope you know that we are going to be married soon,"i said.
She nodded,"i know but I want to be your friend first before i be your wife so that we will be free to share everything with each other."

"I thought you will be jealous seeing me with Anya but you are different I guess," i said.
She smiled wriggling her eye-brows,"yeah yeah! Allah made only one single piece of me. Am unique."
I rolled my eyes and said,"whatever makes your boat float." Pushing her out of my room cause i needed to be alone.

I sighed, tears spilling from my eyes.
I cried feeling Anya's hurt pain, I cried feeling the pain of losing Anya.
She wanted to tell me something but I stopped her by breaking the heart-breaking news of my marriage with Noor.

I am bad, she doesn't deserve me,  she deserve someone who will treat her right.
But... but I love her.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Anya's P.O.V.

I couldn't hate her, she is so kind but the one I hate is Zayd.
He knew that I loved him, I thought that we were something, something more than just enemies.

Now I know that not everyone story can be like that of Tom and Jerry's.

I entered my house and saw my mum, her eyes swollen from too much of crying.
She handed me an envelope and said,"this is to prove that I really am sorry for hurting you."
I took the envelope and headed inside my room to cry my heart out.

To cry for trusting Zayd too soon.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

I might have dozed off,but I woke up to my mum patting Me.
Her eyes were glistened with tears seeing me like this.
"Were you crying because I hurt you?" She asked her voice broken.
I denied and said,"everyone I trust I get close to, drift away my from me."
"What happened dear?" She asked again worry in her voice.

I didn't feel pain telling it to my mum about what Zayd did.
It was like my heart denied feeling any pain.
She cried more and said,"its better you go away from here, the envelope!  did you check it?"

I denied,"sorry mum I... I dozed off."
She smiled leaving my room after I sat up to open the envelope.

It was a ticket to Switzerland.
Switzerland?
But why would she gave give me the ticket to Switzerland?