Chapter Sixteen.

Anya's P.O.V.

"Ouch! Please watch your legs Coeur." Zayd complained cause I stepped on his leg while dancing.

We were practising dance for Aisha and Arjun's Sangeet ceremony .
And as unlucky as I am..i got Zayd as my partner.
I tell you.. he dances amazing.
Actually he is unlucky cause he got me as his partner.

The choreographer kept on scolding me for not doing it right.
I did the swirl one more time but it failed.
So I sighed and said," i quit."

"Finally." Spoke Zayd.
I eyed at him and he smirked saying," atleast now i can choose someone who knows how to dance."
I rolled my eyes and went towards kitchen to have a glass of water.

We were doing all this practising at Arjun's place.
Arjun came in the kitchen and asked,"
Aren't you going to airport?"

"Airport?" I asked.
He took my glass of water and drank a sip saying," yeah! Aisha's Aunt has come for the wedding from Mauritius..so Zayd is going to pick them up."

"Oh! Nop am not going cause am really very tired, i guess I will use your room to take some rest."
"Sure go ahead." He answered.

Why didn't Zayd tell me?
But it's not that he is suppose to tell you each and every thing.
He is not your boy-friend Anya! You guys are fake.

I shook my head from those thoughts and headed to Arjun's room to take a nap.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

I guess after about an hour, the laughs coming from the living room woke me up.
I stood up, freshened up and went towards that noise.
I saw three new faces with three old faces and the choreographer.

Once they saw me, they quieten their laughs and Aisha spoke," come join us Anya."
I smiled and sat beside her.
The choreographer clapped and said," now break is over, get back to dance with your partner."

I sighed and went towards Zayd when the new face girl outdid me and went towards Zayd too.
I looked at her then at Zayd.

Arjun spoke from behind," hey Anu since you said you don't want to dance, we suggested Zayd's cousin Mariam to be his partner."

Oh! So Mariam is her name.

"But i didn't say anything like that," i defended myself.
"You said...you quit," spoke Zayd.

"But it..." Before completing my sentence I looked at Zayd and then at his cousin Mariam.
She looked like she could dance better than me.
So I guess that's it.

"Yah right I said that, okay then since I don't have anything to do here, am going home then." I replied.
Without waiting for anyone's reaction, I left the house.

I breathed in the spring breeze and composed myself before hailing a taxi, when Aisha stood beside me.

I smiled at her and said,"you should be inside practising with Arjun."
She smiled back at me and said," my brother is an Asshole."
I laughed at her and said," i know that since childhood."
"Yeah!" She agreed.
"But why are you saying that?" I asked.
"Because he is." She joked and then continued," well am saying this because he is missing out a major piece in his life, and despite knowing where the piece is, he doesn't want to pick that piece up."

I laughed and said," that was...what? Deep?Whatever you said, I didn't get you at all... is this how you bore Arjun?" I joked.
She bet my shoulder and said," That's enough now."
"Sorry bride-to-be," i winked and stopped the cabbie.

But she held my hand and said," stay, and show my Asshole of a brother....you are worth it."
I took a deep breath and let the taxi go.
I then spoke," its fine...actually we...i don't know can I trust you?"

I guess I can tell her the truth.

She held my palm in her's and spoke something i was never expecting from her," everyone who is eager to listen to what you have to say will say...Yes you can trust me..but I don't know...what does your heart says? Do you trust me? Can you trust me?"

I removed a nervous laugh and spoke," yes I do trust you, I always thought you to be bad you know?"
She smiled," yes I always felt you hated me, and i guess I know the reason why."
I nodded.
"Arjun?" She asked her smile fading.
I nodded and said," But not anymore."
"What about Zayd?" She asked.
I closed my eyes and before opening them i took a deep breath.

"That's what I don't know, I hate him but at the same time I don't. "I said.
"But...but i thought you were together?" She asked.
I nodded," yes we were and we still are but in a fake relationship." I revealed.

"Fake?" She asked.
I nodded but instead she smiled and said," But it doesn't look like."
"I also feel the same, our relation-ship doesn't look fake to me either...but we are fake couple."

"And why?" She asked.
"To make Arjun jealous."
"What? Because you liked him?"

I nodded.
"Why did Zayd agree to be your fake boy-friend?"
I shrugged my shoulders saying," i don't really know but he said that he disliked Arjun for you."

"What? Really? That's impossible." She said.
"Why?" I asked.
"That's because he is the one who made my father to agree for my marriage with Arjun."

Zayd? Helped Aisha to get married to Arjun?
Is he bipolar?

She smiled and said," But i got a plan."
"What?"
"You go home right now but tomorrow let's meet at my place,okay?"
I nodded and hailed a taxi for me to go home.

I always knew I could trust Aisha.

********