Chapter Fourty Four.

Zayd's P.O.V.

I couldn't feel my right hand, it looked like it was numb.

I opened my eyes to see, but what I saw made me smile.
This girl... I will never be able to understand her.

One minute she is pushing me away and the other minute here she is snuggling with me.
I used my free hand to remove the tresses from her face and was about to kiss her forehead when a cough stopped me.

I looked at the back of my dad facing me, I face-palmed myself and then looked at Anya sleeping peacefully.

"Cover her first then I want to talk to you," my dad spoke and went away.
I looked at Anya and saw what my dad meant by "cover her"
She was only wearing my tee-shirt which reached her mid-thigh.
So her legs were on full show.
I tried to wake her up but instead she moved away from my hand to my chest, she was now on top of me.

A smile automatically formed on my face and moving both my hands i hugged her.
My touch woke her up, she looked at me with her face raised, her chin resting on my chest.
I smiled saying,"good morning wifey."
And kissed the tip of her nose.

She scrunched up her eyes and looked at the surrounding, she then sat up abruptly hurting me on my stomach in the process.
"Ouch!" I muttered but she heard and said,"oh am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, Is it paining alot?"
I denied saying,"No its not paining but if you kiss me then I might forgive you for trying to kill me."

She rolled her eyes and got up, that's when I remembered what my dad said.
"Anya," i then stood up as well and taking my duvet I tied it around her waist and spoke,"dont come out of the room like this ever again ok?"

She looked at her legs, nodded and headed inside the room, while I headed towards my dad's study room.
Waiting to be said why I shouldn't have fallen for and marry Anya.

I knocked on his door, and after hearing some shuffling of papers I heard a "come in."
I entered his study room to a scent of oud filling the air.
I sat on the sofa beside him and waited for him to start the conversation.

Conversations with dad had always been awkward.
Cause he was always the introvert type of dad, closing himself in his study and praying most of the hours of the day.
"You haven't brush your teeth as usual?"
I chuckled and asked,"usual? How did you know that I don't brush my teeth immediately after waking up?"
"I am your father, obviously I should  know about my son yeah?" He answered.
I nodded.

After a few moments of silence i coughed awkwardly and asked,"what is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Before he starts to talk I ask,"its about Anya?"
And he nods.

"I guess you haven't told her about the rules of this house, have you?"
I shook my head no.
"No wonder she broke one today, " Dad spoke.
I defended Anya," that was unintentionally dad."

"Yah I agree and I cant blame Anya, but I will blame you."
He then continued," why were both of you sleeping on the sofa despite having your own bedroom?"

I passed my hand through my hair and answered," only i was suppose to sleep on the sofa, she was to sleep in the bed-room but I don't know when she slept on the sofa with me."

"I thought you told me that you are married." He stated.
I nodded," yes villagiously."
"Villagiously?" He asked.

"The day you came to look for us in a jungle found us among the villagers? Those villagers got us married."
"And you believe in that marriage?"

"I.. i. .-" my dad interrupted me saying," did you agree on this marriage?"
I shook my head in denial.
"Then a marriage without the consent of any of the couple can be nullified."

"Dad even though I didn't know about Anya and I getting married with their funny rituals but if they had asked me then I would have agreed to get married because I loved her before I love her now and I'll love her forever."

"What about her consent?"
"Would she have agreed to marry you if she was asked?"

Damn! Why didn't i think of that before?

"Dad you are making me regret my decision for telling her about the marriage?" I spoke.
"She didn't know?"
"She did but.."
"But what?"

"She doesn't remember anything dad, she has had a memory loss." Tears welling up.
"Memory loss? That's why the bandage?" My dad asked.
He noticed?

I nodded and said,"she was in that plane crash dad."
He held a shocked face and said," you shouldn't have told her about the marriage yet."
"Why?" I asked.

Instead he didn't answer but asked, " why did you decide to sleep in the sitting room and not with her?"
"Even though we are married but we didn't wanted to do it yet until we get yours and maa's acceptance of our marriage."

He then dismissed me saying," go brush your teeth and bring for Anya her clothes."