2. This old Man

I had been thinking of Alessia for the last two days, it was completely insane.

I couldn't even remember the last time a woman who wasn't in a porno, stayed in my mind for that long.

I had pretty much written off women for the better half of my 40s, I ain't as young as I use to be, so I couldn't really afford to be wasting all my time chasing these girls and sure as hell was tired of the disappointment and judgement.

I threw my pen down and picked up my phone and pulled out the business card.

I stoked my chin trying to figure out my angle, I mean my game may be a little rusty but it's still there.

I was having a BBQ with all my friends in a few weeks for the game and maybe I could hit her up for catering?

Maybe get her to hook me up at the sports bar?

Use that as an excuse?

Shit this is stupid.

I rubbed my hands over my face as the security intercom rang to announce Denaun and Royce were here.

I got up and headed to the Studio door to buzz them in.

Fuck it, I'll think about it and do it later.

"Ay Em, what's happening?" Denaun smiled while I slapped his and Royce's hands.

"Just laying some beats man, waiting for your asses"

"Yo, you called that chick yet?" Royce asked with a smirk as they followed me down to the studio "Uh... not yet, I was thinking of an excuse"

"Man you tripping if you think you need an excuse, just I don't know, ask her to meet up?" He wiggles his brows. "Quit playing and just do it, do you need us to play wingmen?" Denaun snorted with a laugh.

"No"

"Fuck then Em, man up and do something, you getting old as fuck, soon no one but them groupies will want your wrinkly ass, or worse, you accidentally knock one of them nasty ass groupies up" he then smirked "Alessia can sure have my babies and I wouldn't even sweat it man, I'd even wife that shit if I wasn't already married"

He had a point.

She was pretty smoking hot, I haven't seen a natural beauty like that in a long ass time.

I actually had to put in the effort this time.

"Fucking calm down man, I saw her first" I rolled my eyes "What makes you think she's single anyway, someone like that has to have a man"

They both appeared to be thinking for a minute, then Denaun pushed my phone towards me "If your old ass don't ask, then you won't know"

"Man I'm still hot as fuck, ask any bitch, what you think you Kelly now calling me old" I sucked my teeth as he laughed at me as I snatched my phone and pulled the business card out and dialled.

"We only playing Em, you do need to get your ass out there though"

I waved him off at the phone ring, they both leaned in to listen.

"This is Alessia Taylor" her voice was sultry and smooth.

"Uh, hey, it's Marshall"

I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Hey Rap God, to what do I owe the honour? Anything I can help you with? Bookings? Keen for some more ribs?"

I smirked at the nickname, Royce and Denaun sniggered in the background.

"Actually , I was thinking of moving the thing I was gonna do for the game next Saturday at home to Double Tapp and was thinking the works for my people"

I shook my head as Royce started to make dumb faces "and maybe bring yourself?"

He rolled his eyes and mouthed "fucker, that was lame"

"Well that can be arranged, lucky for you it's my day off that Saturday and I guess I can go in as a request" she laughed, "But I have one request?" She said "My friend can come too"

"Deal, I'll leave the details to you, I'll let everyone else know the changes" I said "See ya Saturday"

"See you Around Rap god" she laughed "I'll message you through the rest of the week with info for everything once I sort it, bye Marshall"

With that, she hung up.

"What the fuck is UP with that Marshall" Royce said "You going around to bars and planning events and shit, did you hit your head and forget you were a hermit and hate being in public?"

"Na man, just lately I feel like I'm sick of being inside alone all the time" I said shaking my head scribbling into the notebook.

"Like a damn dog on heat" Denaun laughed "Ayo Ems looking for a mate, but damn she is hot though, man even I can't wait to see her on Saturday"

"Shut up Dawg, quit playing" I groaned "Now I'm gonna have to pick up my game, she ain't no groupie, I doubt a woman like that's gonna be easy"

They shrugged at me "You'll be fine, just be yourself, but like not your boring ass self" Royce laughed "Let's get into these beats man!"

With that we got to work, thoughts gonna be running in my mind all day.

I hear my phone vibrate.

From Alessia
All sorted, game starts at 4 so get your people to start arriving at maybe 2 or 3 it's up to you, I've booked the whole VIP area for you until late.

To Alessia
Thanks girl, that was fast! Make sure you sit yourself up at my table. Hook yourself and ya girl up with drinks or whatever on me.

I haven't had to impress a girl in so long I don't even know where to start.

This was gonna be a learning curve for me.

From Alessia
Thanks for the offer, but invitation is good enough, I'll see you there Marshall, I have to get back to work but have a good night ;)

And with that she was gone.

I never wanted to chase a woman before but she intrigued me.

I was really looking forward to Saturday, for once I didn't have a plan for anything I was just gonna see where life lead me.

"We gonna do this or what old man" Royce chuckled as I threw my notebook at him.