|52| The Big Elephant

"I want to meet him

"I want to meet him." Julia, in her Cashmere pajamas, plopped on our bed in between Adira and I.

About eight hours ago, my plane landed coming from game three in Milwaukee. Ju and Diri were sleeping. I eased my way in and went straight to bed.

It's been four days since we told Ju about me not being her biological father.

"I'll reach out to him. No promises." I pulled the covers off to get out of bed, Diri did the same.

"Ok." Ju followed behind us to the bathroom. She's been extra clingy. Even when I was away, she called and sent me plenty of handsfree texts the entire time.

This is the first she's speaking on the subject again since. We were going to ask her about it today if she didn't bring it up.

"Go brush your teeth. I'll be out to check them thoroughly after I shower." I turned her toward the door. "Go."

"How did everything go?" I asked Diri, seeing Julia closed the door leaving out. She had a play date with two friends from school yesterday.

"They had a tea party, talked about her birthday coming up. She seemed to have had a good time."

"I'll try contacting Nelson after I get out of here." I turned on the shower. Diri nodded brushing her teeth.

We moved around each other to get ourselves ready for the day. Diri left out to make breakfast and to check to make sure Ju brushed her teeth properly. That's one part she always tries to rush through.

Seated on the bed, I pulled out my phone and got on my messenger. I noticed Nelson was active.

8:47 AM
Me: Nelson, this is Kenzo reaching out to see if we can have a conversation. If you could message me back when you're available, that would be great. ~

I placed my phone on the nightstand to finish getting dress. After tieing my shoe, I heard my phone buzz.

8:52 AM
Nelson: Would love that. Here's my contact. Call whenever you're ready. (555) 555 6657 I can be reached anytime from this number.

I leaned back against the headboard, debating on if I should dial the number now or wait. My daughter's words played in my head. 'I want to meet him.'

I called the number.

"Nelson Carter, speaking." He picked it up on the second ring.

"Yeah, this is Kenzo, and I don't want to hold you up. I was wondering if we could meet up, have a drink?" I quickly asked.

"Uh yeah. Sure, just tell me when."

"I'm back in LA, so if you're free later today around six, that's a good time for me." I wanted to get this over with.

"That'll work. Send me the address. I'll meet you."

"Cool, see you then," I stated before hanging up.