|45| Phone Dry

Ten months later

Ten months later...

These last few months have been all work, no play. The transition into my residency was a major change for everyone, but amazing. I've been taking it all in, making connections and building relationships with my coworkers. 

Julia's a year old and running around everywhere. She's very close and attached to Zo's family now. They also help out with keeping her. It was tough when the new season started, and Zo had to go back to work.

Julia's also talking. She doesn't have full sentences yet, but she's a chatterbox. She and Zo have full-blown conversations like two adults. She repeats everything everyone says. Of course, her first word was dada, which I thought was cute. Zo missed it when she said it, but he was happy that was her first word.

The hardest part of her growth so far was weening her and Zo off my nipples. It's been a month since I stopped but the milk is still flowing.

All the blame goes to Zo. He won't leave them alone. At first, it was funny, but now not so much. I'll know better with the next pregnancy. My breast will be off-limits.

I was currently at work on my evening break, bored in the cafeteria, about to eat dinner. Zo wasn't picking up my FaceTime call. He's with some of his teammates hanging out. I tried dialing  his sister Mai's number, she didn't pick up either. Julia was in her care, having some bonding time.

"I guess everyone's busy," I mumbled to myself while texting my sister Maliha. I just knew she would respond. But oddly enough, she didn't either. "Well, damn."

I tried calling my mom. I knew she was busy at work, but I figured I would try anyway. No avail. Whelp.

I only get little breaks here and there, so I can't expect people to drop everything just because I have a minute to talk. Sigh

My mood lightened a little as I saw my coworker and now friend walking up to my table. "Hey, girl." She plopped down in the chair in front of me, placing her dinner down on the table. She was eating on the fly like me.