|48| Apology Tour

"Hey, ma," I spoke into my phone after finally picking it up

"Hey, ma," I spoke into my phone after finally picking it up. I just got out of the shower.

"Good morning, my son. How are you feeling today?" She asked sarcastically, referring to last night's aftermath.

"I'm fine. What time were you bringing Ju? Mai should be getting in shortly to get everything together for the photoshoot" I placed the phone on speaker so I could free my hands.

"Around ten. She's still sleeping I'm about to wake her for breakfast in a little while. She was asking about you last night."

"What she say?" The last thing I wanted was for my baby girl to see daddy and mommy arguing. But I was at my breaking point.

After I stormed out, Ju and I waited in the Escalade for everyone else to come out. My mom took baby girl with her, and I rode with Jade. She dropped me off home.

Diri didn't come home. She stayed with Char and Jr.

"She kept asking why were you yelling? And were you upset with mommy?" She said all this in a manner of trying to see where my headspace was at now.

I admit I shouldn't have spoken to my wife like that, but I meant most of what I said. I especially shouldn't have said it in front of the family.

"I'll talk to her later." I heard the front door opening downstairs. Diri must be home. "Let me call you back ma, Di just got in."

"Ok, love you."

"I love you too." The call ended, and I threw on some sweat pants. I heard the front door shut and keys jingling.

While cleaning behind myself and exiting the bathroom. I heard footsteps coming up the staircase. I took a seat at the foot of the bed.

She entered the room, glanced at me while walking to the closet. She had on the same thing from yesterday. From the faint bags under eyes, I could tell she didn't sleep.

After rummaging through her clothes and gathering everything she needed, she came back out. I decided to speak. "Hey."

She continued moving along as if I hadn't said a thing. I stood up and followed her to our bathroom.

"I'm sorry for the way I said what I said yesterday. I could've sat you down and talked about things going on between us. That was stupid. I reacted without thinking. I saw you on your phone and got pissed. Then I couldn't get my shit together on the court." I leaned against the door, watching her continue to move around.

She didn't speak.

"Lately, I've felt like you don't make any effort for us or as a family. It's all about work with you. I understand you're trying to prove things to yourself, but lately, I haven't seen you." Still got nothing from her. She placed a pack of shavers on the counter. Then turned on the water for a bath.