|14| Can I Come Back?

"You good Zo, you need to stop anywhere before we head to your house?" My driver Ben asked as we pulled out of Adiras complex

"You good Zo, you need to stop anywhere before we head to your house?" My driver Ben asked as we pulled out of Adiras complex. I was seated in the back seat. My two guards were sitting in their usual places. They saw how I left out upset, so they know to fall back. I didn't want to talk about it.

"Nah, home is good." I turned facing the window. I put my ear pods in playing KOD album. My hoodie was in the seat beside me. I grabbed and put it on. I went ahead and pulled down my hood, pulling the strings covering my face.

This situation was really blowing me.

I was looking forward to seeing her all week. Phone conversations were natural. I felt like everything was right between us. I don't understand how she felt like holding this from me would be ok.

I knew this was too good to be true. Even with how we met, we kept bumping into each other randomly. I thought it was on some serendipity type shit. I guess I was wrong.

We had a long drive back to where I live. To busy my time, I leaned back thinking about the conversation I had with Marcel a few days ago.

....(Flashback)....

We were on the bus heading back to the hotel. I was seated next to Marcel. Jackson was a row over.

"You called your girlfriend yet, I know that's what you're thinking about?" Marcel asked.

"I told you she's not my girl— yet," I smirked.

"The way you were on the phone, could've fooled me. Every free moment you're on the phone with this Ms. Adira. That's crazy how you said you met her."

"I told you, you never know how this love stuff will come to you. It happens unexpectedly." Marcel added.

"Woah, stop casually throwing that word around like that. I never said anything about love."

"Ehh same thing. She made your long-ass list though. Which I thought was impossible. Every single picky thing you asked for you got with her. That's crazy."

"It's still early. We're still getting to know each other. —But she's family-oriented, sexy and she can cook. She's cooking for me when we get back." I paused. "She's smart. She got her own stuff going on. She's really into basketball like I could watch film with her and not have to explain what's going on. —She reminds me of my Auntie."