|9| DMs

I woke up realizing it was dark out

I woke up realizing it was dark out. I know I needed to get up and make a little something to eat. I was, unfortunately, starving again. Baby girl has me going back and forth to the fridge now.

I made my way to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a quick shower readying myself for bed. While doing so, I thought about today again.

This Nelson situation I got myself in to is getting to me. He didn't even have the courage to text or anything letting me know he wasn't going to make it today. I did, however, see he liked an old picture of mine on social media. Well, he liked it then it went away. Perhaps by accident. That was shortly after my appointment when I pulled up to the Bistro for lunch. I again tried calling him immediately after; he sent me to voicemail. I was ready to give him a piece of my mind.

I did however send him a text letting him know that he was foul. I understand he and my dad had it out, but that was two weeks ago. What did he expect was going to happen when he met up with my dad?

Now he has a daughter coming, is it karma? Is this a way to show him how to treat women? I do know this, though, if he wants to see the gender, he will have to go through me. I'm not posting it, I'm not going around letting everyone know. The people I had in the room know, and that's all that matters. Call me petty I don't care.

My phone began ringing before I could make myself something to eat. It was Nelsons mom Ms. Lola. I already know why she's calling, Nelson's probably sitting beside her waiting. Let me go ahead and shut this down real quick.

"Hello." I finally answered.

"Hi, Adira sweetie how have you been? Long time no see." She greeted in a singing voice.

"Well things are still the same, nothing's changed except my growing belly. My address and phone number are still the same. What made you call?"

"Oh, I remembered Nelson telling me something about you having an appointment today. How did that go? Everything ok with the baby? I've been meaning to reach out since he told me the news. Is there a reason why we didn't know sooner? You know you don't have to keep things from me Adira."

I decided only to answer one of her questions, pretending I didn't hear the rest. "Everything went well. Have you heard from your son today?"

"I spoke to him, why? What's wrong?"

"Just asking. I tried getting in touch with him. Funny thing is he didn't answer nor did he return any of my calls."

"Well you know how things can sometimes be, he was probably busy and wasn't able to return your call. When I speak to him again, I'll let him know."

"Thank you. Well have good day Ms. Lola." I quickly replied about to end the call.

"Wait Adira, did you find out the gender? I wish I could've made it there; I had a few things to do today." She uttered. It was insulting she think I'm dumb enough to believe this charade.