|17| Yacht Party

I'm home coming off another win

I'm home coming off another win. The game ended in overtime against Oklahoma. We knew going into it, it would be a tight win. This game was a match against the shooters.

I'm tired as hell, but I got plans tonight. Jackson's yacht party with the team.

I needed to have a sit down with my folks. So I made my way around to where they were.

"Hey, can I talk you two for a moment." I walked in the study where I found them seated, going over some paperwork.

"Yeah, sure." My dad spoke, looking up at me. My mom remained busy with the paperwork.

I exhaled. "Is there a reason why y'all didn't make it to the game tonight?"

"We didn't feel up to it. We'll make it to the next one." My dad stood up straight.

"It was a big game, overtime, and everything."

"I saw. —What did you want to talk about?" My dad asked, my mom was still looking down at the paperwork.

"I wanted to talk to you and mom about last night."

"Don't you have a party to get to?" My mom finally spoke, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, for yelling at you. I shouldn't have done that." I paused seeing if she would say something. "I know you sacrificed a lot for me, I will always thank you for that."

"This living situations was your idea, we had our home

"This living situations was your idea, we had our home. The home you grew up in. We sold it to fulfill your dreams. We followed you all the way to the top, we had a plan. The entire family did, we're all tied into this. I handle your public relations. It's my job to make sure you're image is up to par." My mom spoke softly almost in tears.

"I know that, it's just sometimes I want my mother not my PR. My whole life ever since I can remember that's been your job. To keep my image clean. Sometimes I just want to kick back and enjoy my family. Not talk business all the time, or act a certain way."

"We can do that, but that doesn't mean you need to up and change everything." She blinked repeatedly, my dad continued to listen on.

"I can't stay, please understand that momma. I don't mean to hurt your feelings but I need this."