|46|Back at Darbys

"These are the only ones allowed in there to take photos and record

"These are the only ones allowed in there to take photos and record." I was finishing up a call with my guard Bo. I wanted him to double-check to make sure that only the journalists I requested were able to film and capture this night.

I had everything set and ready to go. I just picked up my daughter from my sister Mai's new house. They spent the day together while everyone else helped me get everything ready.

"Already on it. I'll hit you back when I know for sure."

"Cool, cool." I went ahead and hung up with him. Julia was in the backseat repeating cool, cool.

I know Diri's been freaking all day, not hearing from us. I told everyone to avoid speaking to her. I didn't want any slip-ups. Although I'm sure, she's suspicious. I wanted this day to be better than the first time I proposed.

I was also nervous. She might not be ready still. Every thought possible raced through me. What if she wanted to wait until after she completed her residency? What if she didn't want anything to change right now? Nothing's worse than bad timing.

The last thing I want to do is put her on the spot around all of our family. I don't want her to feel pressured to say yes. But I'm ready.

I tried brushing away those thoughts and focused on getting back over to Darby's, where everything's ready.

I had the diner closed down for the night with only family and friends. I planned to drop Julia off then pick up Di from work. I needed to convince her to have a late dinner with me at Darby's. Back to where it all began for us. The little diner I met her in.

She's going to flip out when she sees her twin brother and best friend, Charlotte. That was the trickiest part of it all getting them here with there schedules and everyone else's. But we made it happen.

"Ju, don't chew on that." I glanced at her through the mirror. "Stop."

She had a piece of the seat belt strap from the car seat in her mouth.

"I said stop," I repeated, and she stared at me smiling but continued.

Pulling into the diner, I saw Bo standing out front on his phone. I examined the parking lot, making sure all the family members' vehicles were strategically placed unnoticeably. They were.