|30| All- Star

"Dad, could you grab my cup from the counter? I left it

"Dad, could you grab my cup from the counter? I left it." I asked, and he got up to get it. Kenzo dropped me off to my parents' house before he left to go to the game. He's playing in the All-Star draft tonight, and he left early for it. Both of our families were going.

I'm a little nervous because he's making us official tonight, eight months pregnant and all.

Time to tell my family.

I made my way in front of the TV getting everyone's attention. "Ok so before we leave I have something to say."

"You and these announcements. I swear you do the most," Jr spoke, my dad joined us placing my cup in the chair holder.

I flashed my brother a fake smile. "Anyway, —I am officially no longer single. Kenzo and I are together."

My baby sister gasped running up to me squeezing me, I giggled. "Careful."

My dad smiled at my mom. They joined in on the hug, as well as my big sister Maliha.

"You both deserve it; just make sure he treats you right." My dad stated in a deep baritone voice.

I nodded as they broke the hug standing around me. "We still have a lot to figure out as far our future with the little one coming."

"Are you guys keeping it a secret or?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, are you?" Maliha added curiously. She stood across from me, cheesing from ear to ear.

"He's announcing it tonight at the game."

Everybody looked at smiling with their eyes wide.

"Yeah and I'm freaking out. You know his fans can be ruthless. Should I be worried about this professionally for my career?" I looked at my dad.

"Adira your job is already waiting for you. I told you I'm not retiring until you get in there. So don't worry about any of that, just live and be happy. You two being together shouldn't hurt your career, that's ridiculous."

"Right chill out." My brother added.

We hung around until it was time to go, we laughed and goofed off like we usually do.

"Does that mean I have to take all of my posters down?" My little sister Kamala asked as we settled in the vehicles making our way to the center. We rode with my parents, everyone else followed.

 We rode with my parents, everyone else followed