|12| My Game II

"Goodnight Adira," Kenzo spoke as we stood in front of my building

"Goodnight Adira," Kenzo spoke as we stood in front of my building. We were both stuffed from the delicious chicken sandwich and sweet potato chips.

"Goodnight, I had a great time."

"Me too." He stared standing directly in front of me, grabbing my hands.

He pulled me closer to him, placing his hands on the center of my back. He searched my eyes for any sense of uncertainty. I had none. He slowly leaned in and lightly kissed me; both of us closed eyes at the touch of our lips.

Our eyes met again before his hands came in contact with my face on both sides, to better guide the kiss. He tilted my head to the side, bringing me back into his lips.

A small moan escaped my mouth into his. He then hungrily sucked on my bottom lip, taking away the little strength I had left.

I lived in the moment taking in every ounce of this. He kept trying to get closer to me as if he could. His touch was so warm and gentle. I almost forgot we were standing outside of my building.

We finally broke away breathlessly, his hands still holding my face. His eyes remained closed.

He slowly opened them and smiled, "goodnight."

"Night."

He released his hands from my face, releasing a sigh of despair. I leaned in and slowly kissed him once more. He did the same after me, which ended in both of us laughing.

"Alright for real, goodnight." He tucked his lips, licking them as he continued laughing.

"Ok." I giggled. "Bye, and have a safe trip to Texas. Don't forget to win."

"I will, just for you." He smiled at me, touching his lips.

I turned and walked away, heading to the front entrance. After getting inside I waved him and Ben off, they stood waiting by the car waving back.

"Have a good night, Ms. Thompson." The night guard for the building said to me as I walked over to the elevator.

"Goodnight Melvin." I waved him off.

Getting off the elevator, my phone vibrated, I roughly sighed. Nelson was texting me almost the entire time I was with Kenzo at the bar. I pulled out my phone, thinking it was him.

I smiled; it wasn't Nelson. It was Kenzo.

1:13am
Zo15: Did you make it in your condo yet? I'm sorry to keep you out this late. I wanted to see you before I left.

1:14am
Me: Yes, I'm in, text me when you make it home. It was worth it. I had fun.

I scrolled down my notifications to Nelson's messages and touched one.

I shouldn't have opened it. He's begging for the gender and apologizing still for him and his mother talking about me.

What is an apology going to do for me? They said what they said. I'll never be with him again or have any real friendship. Too many lines crossed.