|24| Seven Months

Two months later

Two months later...

I'm home relaxing finishing up a bubble bath. As I was getting out of the tub, I couldn't help but notice how pregnant I've become.

"Babygirl, you're getting so big. I can't believe I'm seven months now, only a little while longer." I spoke softly while letting the water out.

I grabbed my robe and made my way over to the full-length mirror gazing at my reflection. I am for sure showing now, if people couldn't tell before they can now.

I felt a bit of a draft, so I securely wrapped the robe around me.

These past two months have been good and bad, I guess. Nelsons been the absolute worst. He missed my last two appointments since my five-month check-up. Well, technically three because I had a little bit of a scare.

I looked down at my stomach, thinking back on the day I thought I was going to lose the baby. It was one of the weeks I stayed over at Kenzo's new house last month.

***Flashback***

"Diri get up!" Kenzo shook me panicking. He had just got in from practice like he normally would. Usually, he'll shower then get back in bed with me.

He shook me once more with his cold hands. I got up and felt a sharp pain. I rushed and sat up straight pulling the covers off of me. The sheets were covered. There was so much blood, and it was fresh. Being a nurse and soon to be doctor, I initially wanted to panic. I thought better of it because that would only cause more harm.

"Come on, let's get you to the hospital." Kenzo stared at me. I had a blank expression. He wanted to panic, too, but he was trying to stay sane for my sake.

He lifted me and carried me to sit on the shower bench. He took off my shirt and pulled my underwear off.

"Ima' get you cleaned quickly then we can head over to the hospital. You want me to call your family? Maybe Char?"

I shook my head. "No, but Char is already there. She's working. I can see her when we get there. I don't want to alert my family until I know whats going on."

"Ok, stand up real quick." He moved quickly to get me cleaned up.

"Do you have anything you can wear to hold the bleeding until we get there?"

"No."

"I'll grab some towels, come on." We went into his bedroom and quickly got dressed. He carried me downstairs and out the door.

"Hey, Ben call Bo and Tyson and get over to the hospital near Lincoln, now." He said into the phone while getting me in his car.

"Aight, we'll be there shortly." He ended the call.

"They'll be there before we will. Ima' drive a little fast so fasten your seat belt. Try to lean back and relax."

I followed his instructions. We rode in silence. The closer I got to the hospital, all the more nervous I suddenly became.